Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • i have an 18 year old son who has autism with adhd, i am a single parent and sole carer of my son and life hasnt been easy , my son is hypersensitve to noises it can be lullabye of a childs toy , church bells that chime or even a bussing fly sound that can trigger him off , you can see in his eyes the look of fear and then he will lash out when i say lash out i mean like a frightend puppy well thats what he use to do , but i have tuned into him as best as i can over the years and now i can talk him out of reacting but i have to walk him away from the offenining noises that scare him. he didnt say mamma till he was seven and he says about 15 words now although he reapeats himself a lot.. i have given my life to try to help my son and i will give him as many years as is possible for me to give him the care he needs.. I found  myself writing little stories while i have been caring for my son at home and have enjoyed writing poems i would love to share some with you one day if you allow im also trying to make a little calender in hope to show people poems i wrote to try tot alk for kids like my son to show others how they feel cos they cant tell people themselves.. cos i have been through my sons probems with him every step of the way.. my social worker said to me about five years ago ' liz have yuo thought of putting ryan in residential  cos you have no life, you do so much for him youre worn out' i said to him my son deserves a life i borhgt him into this world and he is importnat not me and this will always be the case for me, God willing as long as my health stays strong i will give my son another happy twenty years..  Autistic children  and kids with adhd are so speical they can teach us all just what is really improtant in this life and society i just wish there was more help out here for us.. I cant even get a youth club for my son that will be suitable for him i live in machester.. anyway bye for now and thank you for ebing here and trying to make the future less lonely for carers.parnets like me and also autisic people to x

• i have an 18 year old son who has autism with adhd, i am a single parent and sole carer of my son and life hasnt been easy , my son is hypersensitve to noises it can be lullabye of a childs toy , church bells that chime or even a bussing fly sound that can trigger him off , you can see in his eyes the look of fear and then he will lash out when i say lash out i mean like a frightend puppy well thats what he use to do , but i have tuned into him as best as i can over the years and now i can talk him out of reacting but i have to walk him away from the offenining noises that scare him. he didnt say mamma till he was seven and he says about 15 words now although he reapeats himself a lot.. i have given my life to try to help my son and i will give him as many years as is possible for me to give him the care he needs.. I found  myself writing little stories while i have been caring for my son at home and have enjoyed writing poems i would love to share some with you one day if you allow im also trying to make a little calender in hope to show people poems i wrote to try tot alk for kids like my son to show others how they feel cos they cant tell people themselves.. cos i have been through my sons probems with him every step of the way.. my social worker said to me about five years ago ' liz have yuo thought of putting ryan in residential  cos you have no life, you do so much for him youre worn out' i said to him my son deserves a life i borhgt him into this world and he is importnat not me and this will always be the case for me, God willing as long as my health stays strong i will give my son another happy twenty years..  Autistic children  and kids with adhd are so speical they can teach us all just what is really improtant in this life and society i just wish there was more help out here for us.. I cant even get a youth club for my son that will be suitable for him i live in machester.. anyway bye for now and thank you for ebing here and trying to make the future less lonely for carers.parnets like me and also autisic people to x

Children
No Data