Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Although I have been a member of the NAS for years I have only recently registered to use this forum. I'm one of those people forms to do with are you a person with an ASD or a parent of someone with an ASD or work with someone with an ASD seem to not be designed to cope with as you can never select more than one option- I am both a person with an ASD (I have Aspergers Syndrome) and a parent of someone with an ASD- 2 in fact (my twins both have ASDs: one has Autism and the other has Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD). They have a big brother who's diagnosis is Global Developmental Delay but does have some of the additional characterists common amongst people with ASDs- for example, until a few years ago he did the autistic hand flapping (the only one of us who ever did) and he does have sensory issues like he is on the spectrum even though he isn't. My oldest is 14 and the twins are 11. I am 42 and was diagnosed at the age 33. My Autistic twin was diagnosed when he was in Year 1. His twin got his diagnosis when he was in Year 5. We are near Romsey in Hampshire, UK. 

• Although I have been a member of the NAS for years I have only recently registered to use this forum. I'm one of those people forms to do with are you a person with an ASD or a parent of someone with an ASD or work with someone with an ASD seem to not be designed to cope with as you can never select more than one option- I am both a person with an ASD (I have Aspergers Syndrome) and a parent of someone with an ASD- 2 in fact (my twins both have ASDs: one has Autism and the other has Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD). They have a big brother who's diagnosis is Global Developmental Delay but does have some of the additional characterists common amongst people with ASDs- for example, until a few years ago he did the autistic hand flapping (the only one of us who ever did) and he does have sensory issues like he is on the spectrum even though he isn't. My oldest is 14 and the twins are 11. I am 42 and was diagnosed at the age 33. My Autistic twin was diagnosed when he was in Year 1. His twin got his diagnosis when he was in Year 5. We are near Romsey in Hampshire, UK. 

Children
No Data