Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Hello all - I've been meaning to join for ages.  I'm in the process of having my 8 and a half year old daughter diagnosed.  She's a fantastic girl, terrified of talking to people (outside immediate family and her one good school friend from a former school), would love more friends, especially ones who 'get' her, but loves life nonetheless (in an anxiety-laden but spirited and determined way).  But, given the choice, she'd probably rather never go to school though...

Girls on the spectrum are a little bit of a rarity (around here anyway), so if there are any parents of girls out there (I'm in North Essex), who, like me, are feeling like an isolated minority within a minority, I'd love to know if any of you are interested in meeting up to share experiences and find potential new friends for your daughters.  If you are, do get in touch!

• Hello all - I've been meaning to join for ages.  I'm in the process of having my 8 and a half year old daughter diagnosed.  She's a fantastic girl, terrified of talking to people (outside immediate family and her one good school friend from a former school), would love more friends, especially ones who 'get' her, but loves life nonetheless (in an anxiety-laden but spirited and determined way).  But, given the choice, she'd probably rather never go to school though...

Girls on the spectrum are a little bit of a rarity (around here anyway), so if there are any parents of girls out there (I'm in North Essex), who, like me, are feeling like an isolated minority within a minority, I'd love to know if any of you are interested in meeting up to share experiences and find potential new friends for your daughters.  If you are, do get in touch!

Children
No Data