Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Hi, I'm a mum of 3, my son who is 5 has autism and my 2 year old has traits only.  I have a 7 year old daughter who is not on the ASD scale.  Life is hectic, full and challenging, but in a strange way I feel blessed because my autistic son has inspired me to write, to challenge lifes "normalities," and opened our families eyes to see a whole new world.  Yes autism tore me apart when I first heard the diagnosis 2 years ago, but through reading everything out there and through alot of support from the NAS and Earlybird, it makes you see that autism is not a curse or hinderance to your or your childs life, but is something that can become a part of you, and with the right help and support we can succeed.  I thank the NAS for this commmunity website because so many people out there don't understand what we go through every day, and if we stand up for each other and our kids, we can and will give our children a future to be proud of. 

• Hi, I'm a mum of 3, my son who is 5 has autism and my 2 year old has traits only.  I have a 7 year old daughter who is not on the ASD scale.  Life is hectic, full and challenging, but in a strange way I feel blessed because my autistic son has inspired me to write, to challenge lifes "normalities," and opened our families eyes to see a whole new world.  Yes autism tore me apart when I first heard the diagnosis 2 years ago, but through reading everything out there and through alot of support from the NAS and Earlybird, it makes you see that autism is not a curse or hinderance to your or your childs life, but is something that can become a part of you, and with the right help and support we can succeed.  I thank the NAS for this commmunity website because so many people out there don't understand what we go through every day, and if we stand up for each other and our kids, we can and will give our children a future to be proud of. 

Children
No Data