Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  •  Hello

I am 23 yrs and was diagnosed two yrs ago with asperger's syndrome. I also have constant anxiety-health anxiety, things going wrong, obsessions and panic-and I am always hyper alert, can never relax which is extremely annoying. However, at least I can go into shops, travel on public transport and eat out now. Two years ago, I hardly ever left the house and could not walk past people in the street, but since my diagnosis I have received lots of support from social workers. Without this support, I dread to think where my phobias could have led.

I like to be in control of my life and I need to plan things in advance, but I do like variety, so long as it is within a basic structure and routine. I have had, in the past but not so much now, extreme interests, so extreme that I could think about nothing else: Food, Titanic, actress Kate Winslet and babies (in that order). My Kate Winslet obsession lasted the longest, but I am not interested in her at all now. But when I was interested in her, I got very upset if I could not indulge my interest, to the point of having tantrums!

•  Hello

I am 23 yrs and was diagnosed two yrs ago with asperger's syndrome. I also have constant anxiety-health anxiety, things going wrong, obsessions and panic-and I am always hyper alert, can never relax which is extremely annoying. However, at least I can go into shops, travel on public transport and eat out now. Two years ago, I hardly ever left the house and could not walk past people in the street, but since my diagnosis I have received lots of support from social workers. Without this support, I dread to think where my phobias could have led.

I like to be in control of my life and I need to plan things in advance, but I do like variety, so long as it is within a basic structure and routine. I have had, in the past but not so much now, extreme interests, so extreme that I could think about nothing else: Food, Titanic, actress Kate Winslet and babies (in that order). My Kate Winslet obsession lasted the longest, but I am not interested in her at all now. But when I was interested in her, I got very upset if I could not indulge my interest, to the point of having tantrums!

Children
No Data