Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Hi folks,     I'm quite an elderly Aspie, unexpectedly diagnosed at the age of 67, 20 months ago, and I spend quite a lot of my time overseas which means that although I belong to a local NAS social group in NW England, I can't attend too many of their group face-to-face social meetups there,  nor can I usefully join any group counselling or therapy sessions.    I've come here in the hope of finding some on-line substitute for what I'm missing.   

Are there,  or could there be in future, any areas here where we could discuss personal issues in a small sympathetic confidential group of other Aspies?    I've found  plenty of on-line forums where AS children's issues and NT wives' difficulties with their AS husbands are discussed, but how about support for an adult Aspie male with serious life-changing questions on his mind?

• Hi folks,     I'm quite an elderly Aspie, unexpectedly diagnosed at the age of 67, 20 months ago, and I spend quite a lot of my time overseas which means that although I belong to a local NAS social group in NW England, I can't attend too many of their group face-to-face social meetups there,  nor can I usefully join any group counselling or therapy sessions.    I've come here in the hope of finding some on-line substitute for what I'm missing.   

Are there,  or could there be in future, any areas here where we could discuss personal issues in a small sympathetic confidential group of other Aspies?    I've found  plenty of on-line forums where AS children's issues and NT wives' difficulties with their AS husbands are discussed, but how about support for an adult Aspie male with serious life-changing questions on his mind?

Children
No Data