spam spam and more spam

Hi all

Is it me or am i seeing a lot of spam posts in the last few days ,

I thought this would be a place that they never bothered ,

some  i've seen are in the replies of replies and i get a notification so i log in and find its spam .

Do i just click on the report post to get the mods attn ?

• your hard work is appreciated 

• Hi Symon, thank you for raising this subject. Moderators are aware and we do view each post on a daily basis, however reporting it is a great way to highlight to us as well and we are always grateful for any assistance at keeping them a bay !!

Best Wishes

Lorraine Mod

• That recent infestation convinced me that spammers don't enjoy being stereotyped as fallible any more than some of us do here. They have probably grown to think of themselves as invulnerable online, and so are not particularly happy spammers when they catch some of their intended victims being rebelliously disrespectful, and even taking the mick. I suppose a few of them might even partially 'belong' here; if they could just leave their 'weapons' on the login desk.

• looks like we have an infestation.....

• I've hit that click button a few times, because I'm in a different timezone and tend to see spams earlier in the day than some. I almost see it as one of my  responsibilities here.

The spammers probably bother because they have the simplistic notion that many of us here are vulnerable individuals.  I observe that a significant number of posters here are actually a pretty savvy bunch; which is probably because their experience is a bit wider than many NTs. So I reckon the spammers are often working with a rather dated stereotype. I observe numerous rather NT folk who  are very susceptible to spams and scams. That vulnerability seems to be especially prevalent amongst those who either enjoy a risk or gamble, or who are determined to do a few daily good turns. An aversion to risk-taking is one of my major issues. Overall, I'm glad that i'm wired that way. And I'm also not really sociable enough to be a complete do-gooder. But it also helps to be constantly reviewing one's own vulnerabilities; and I'm sure I have quite a few.

It's good that we have quite a few alert threads on this forum. We probably all need a few occasional reminders of our vulnerabilities.