University With Autism

Hi! I’m going to university in September to do a BSc in geography and was wondering if anyone had any advice on university in general but also concerning making friends. 

Parents
  • I have a master in agricultural engineering. The biggest change for me was the level of freedom. Also every professor seems to think his subject is the most important and gives you lots of material to study. If you can get hold of example questions of previous year's exams, that's a great help. Student clubs usually have this information, it gives you a guidance on how to prepare, what to expect. 

Friends are usually people that have lots in common with you. You'll see, there's going to be plenty of people like you. It's also typical that you get a bit of a concentration of the more serious students there. It's in everybody's interest to have a bit of a small circle of people you can ask question to, follow around so you don't have to look yourself where the next lesson takes place, go for lunch with. Try also to be a good partner of these people, share your notes, if you understand it and they ask you, explain it to them, 

Try to go to all of the lectures, make sure you're well rested, go for a beer like once a week, but not every night.

Start studying from day one, make it a habit.

• I have a master in agricultural engineering. The biggest change for me was the level of freedom. Also every professor seems to think his subject is the most important and gives you lots of material to study. If you can get hold of example questions of previous year's exams, that's a great help. Student clubs usually have this information, it gives you a guidance on how to prepare, what to expect. 

Friends are usually people that have lots in common with you. You'll see, there's going to be plenty of people like you. It's also typical that you get a bit of a concentration of the more serious students there. It's in everybody's interest to have a bit of a small circle of people you can ask question to, follow around so you don't have to look yourself where the next lesson takes place, go for lunch with. Try also to be a good partner of these people, share your notes, if you understand it and they ask you, explain it to them, 

Try to go to all of the lectures, make sure you're well rested, go for a beer like once a week, but not every night.

Start studying from day one, make it a habit.

Children
No Data