Siblings with asd

Hi, I’m just wondering if there is anyone In a similar situation to me.

I’m currently trying for a baby with my partner who has an autistic child from a previous marriage. She’s now 7 and is low on the spectrum. I’m worried about the chances of having another autistic child And how I would deal with things. 

Is there anyone who can speak to me about their experiences? 

Parents
  • Why is it an issue if you have an autistic child? What if your child had a physical disability is that something else that would be an issue to you ? Life isn’t perfect 

I doubt any parent wants to have a child that may suffer / be in pain / have difficulties or any disadvantage. But just been concerned you don’t want a child with autism is basically a luck in the teeth to those that have autism. How do you think you step daughter would feel knowing you don’t want a child like her

• Why is it an issue if you have an autistic child? What if your child had a physical disability is that something else that would be an issue to you ? Life isn’t perfect 

I doubt any parent wants to have a child that may suffer / be in pain / have difficulties or any disadvantage. But just been concerned you don’t want a child with autism is basically a luck in the teeth to those that have autism. How do you think you step daughter would feel knowing you don’t want a child like her

Children
No Data