PC/Console Gaming

Just a general question for anyone else like myself who has an obsession for gaming. One of my obsessions is football so I enjoy playing an online football game against other gamers my only problem I seem to struggle with is my game play is slower than others and no matter how hard I try to rectify this problem I just cannot seem to fix it.

I've been playing on consoles/PC's for over 30 years. It gets to the point where I'm just annoyed and infuriated. Could this possibly have any link to my ASC? For example my brains processing speed.

On the other hand I have played games in the past like football managing games where I just end up winning everything and any simulation games I'm just really great at.

I'm still trying to figure out a lot about myself since my diagnosis last year.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe through these tough times.

Parents
  • Not sure if it's autism related. But I find that when playing games (whether PC or board games) I tend to end up trying to always consider all the options before working out what to do. Some games where that's feasible I tend to be better when playing with friends. But once a game system is too complex to consider all the options I tend to grind to a halt - where others seem better with relying more on intuition.

Or if a game requires fast reaction times, I struggle if there's too much going on, but am fine if there's less to process. Like with 2D platformers which I used to play a lot (especially Sonic games) I tended to find quite easy. But give me a 3D platformer and I struggle to control the character at all.

But I don't think it matters to much about winning or losing a game, if you enjoy playing a game.  One friend who I play board games with, I know that 99% of the time I have no chance of beating him. I still try to win, but I basically know going in that I have little chance, so don' tend to focus on that and just enjoy playing. Though does make the occasion wins much more satisfying.

• Absolutely agree. I don't mind a bit of strategy in games but if it gets too complicated I lose all ability or desire to think about anything. I'm also fine in video games until everything starts being thrown at me at once and then I don't have time to think or to coordinate my reactions to my thoughts and then it gets super-anxiety-inducing and I have to quit. 

• Absolutely agree. I don't mind a bit of strategy in games but if it gets too complicated I lose all ability or desire to think about anything. I'm also fine in video games until everything starts being thrown at me at once and then I don't have time to think or to coordinate my reactions to my thoughts and then it gets super-anxiety-inducing and I have to quit. 

Children
No Data