Developing "special Interest"? about psychedelic research and experiences

I don't know if this thread will get pulled or not I hope it doesn't.  I self-identify as being on the spectrum. I've gone off reading and resesrching about autism since I have developed a very keen interest in psychedelics.  Not to take. But ive been reading up about a particular one since the Monday just after Christmas when a very brief conversation with a friend set the spark going. 

It's like I cannot get enough of it. YouTube,  forums, articles, studies. I bought a book by rick strassman and read it inside a week and a half. I finished it tonight so ive been looking at what other books i can buy. Ive stsrted in a youtube audio book by terencr mckenna. I've been looking online at which psychedelics I could grow in my garden. I've been reading about microdosing. I've been reading accounts of people's trips. I've been looking into how to take part in research. Reading up about the powerful effevts is changing how i see the wotld and im changing my beliefs from material to spiritual. I have only talked to one person about it all as he's very open to "talking deep".

I still wonder if I'm on the spectrum. (And it's not just because of interests... I have plenty of other reasons too...)

Does anyone else share this interest?

Has anyone got any first hand experience of this subject? 

Parents
  • I think it is a very dangerous interest. Not dangerous as in subversive, but dangerous to you. It has a glamour to it, but the way is also littered with numerous people who ended up fried or dead from taking psychedelics.

Psychedelia has left behind some great art and music (along with some pish), but I'm not sure the risk outweighs the benefits.

• I think it is a very dangerous interest. Not dangerous as in subversive, but dangerous to you. It has a glamour to it, but the way is also littered with numerous people who ended up fried or dead from taking psychedelics.

Psychedelia has left behind some great art and music (along with some pish), but I'm not sure the risk outweighs the benefits.

Children
  • Hi yes I understand where you are coming from and in no way am I advocating or glamorising it. I'm interested in how they alter perception of the world. How can it be that many people who have taken DMT have reported such similar events similar to near death experiences or alien abduction or contact with other beings? I have read of athiests being turned toward spirituality after these experiences. I have read how people have felt that they had died on their trip then returned to their body. All sense of self and ego disappeared.  There are so many accounts like this it has really got me thinking. In the past I woukd have just put it down to changes in the brain. But it's really making me question everything. 

• Hi there Niemand I appreciate your response and with it your concerns. They are valid concerns although I’m not interested in abusing substances or glamorising them. I’m interested in there potential to help. I’d also question exactly how many deaths are linked to psychedelics in comparison with legal substances and argue that with out proper investigation into the substances we can not draw a solid opinion.

A lot of propaganda and hysteria surrounds psychedelics and the legal status of such substances does not deter people and the supply chain will exist regardless of law. 

We would be in a better position if we had solid scientific study into all substances and the correct information available to potential users, such as myself, than the alternative of wilful blindness and scare tactics that have proven time and time again to fail as a deterrent.

The war on drugs was a failure from the get go. We only have to look to recent history, to the prohibition of alcohol and the how the power of supply and demand was placed in the hands of an unregulated criminal underworld.

We could put in as many preventive measures as possible. such as legalisation and regulation and education as people will always go against the law when it comes to drugs and I think that the illegal status of substances can even be a draw towards for some rather than a deterrent.

I’m sorry if that was a little long winded but I’m interested in what you think of that?