First xmas post-diagnosis

Well, I've been cancelling xmas for a few years now even before I thought I was Aspie.

I was Done with Christmas Cards a long time ago ( Wink) except to my family and have a good reason to be in my own home away from the madness as the parrots need feeding of course.

I gave up displaying any cards I got and don't decorate at all now. I really like this arrangement. I go into work in the holiday to keep a mental hand in. It's all about keeping a normality through two weeks of holiday celebrations for most people. (getting into the spirit of it for days on end is like a rabbit hole and difficult to get out of)

I feel blessed and thankful

It will be interesting post dx for this year, as I'm starting to let my mask drop and be the person I really am. I will be testing the waters. No more expectations SmirkSmiling imp 

Parents
  • I, personally, LOVE sending Christmas Cards; as well as Christmas Decorations. (I put up my new tree, decorations and lights this morning)

Each to their own, I guess. However, there are plenty of individuals with skeletons in their family closet. My brother no longer heads home for Christmas - he's Final Year at Magee University in Derry, studying Software Development - and I won't force him. He's more single-minded than me.

My Star Sign is Cancer - so, I am a home bird by nature.

• I, personally, LOVE sending Christmas Cards; as well as Christmas Decorations. (I put up my new tree, decorations and lights this morning)

Each to their own, I guess. However, there are plenty of individuals with skeletons in their family closet. My brother no longer heads home for Christmas - he's Final Year at Magee University in Derry, studying Software Development - and I won't force him. He's more single-minded than me.

My Star Sign is Cancer - so, I am a home bird by nature.

Children
No Data