Is Harry Potter a fraud?

My 2am musings:

As ITV have recently shown all the Harry Potter films, I made time to watch them all in sequence.    I studied them closely but I fail to see him as a wizard.     All the magic that happens is either given to him or done to him.    The only thing you ever see him do for himself is shoot people with his Phazer-wand – which was given to him.

Hermione does all the donkey-work magic while Harry gets all the fame.

Am I missing something?

Parents
  • I watched the movies with my cousin who is a lot younger than me. I never read the books but one of the first things I noticed about Harry Potter was how rubbish he was at everything, always getting caught or injured and everyone else fauning over him like he was the hero. In the Prisoner of Azkaban scene with the lake and the stag, I’m sure someone was taking drugs when she wrote that. It made no sense whatsoever. I remember looking around the cinema at all the kids engrossed in it and thinking what utter **** they are watching. ( sorry for any Harry Potter fans out there, it’s just not for me ) 

• I watched the movies with my cousin who is a lot younger than me. I never read the books but one of the first things I noticed about Harry Potter was how rubbish he was at everything, always getting caught or injured and everyone else fauning over him like he was the hero. In the Prisoner of Azkaban scene with the lake and the stag, I’m sure someone was taking drugs when she wrote that. It made no sense whatsoever. I remember looking around the cinema at all the kids engrossed in it and thinking what utter **** they are watching. ( sorry for any Harry Potter fans out there, it’s just not for me ) 

Children
No Data