Is Harry Potter a fraud?

My 2am musings:

As ITV have recently shown all the Harry Potter films, I made time to watch them all in sequence.    I studied them closely but I fail to see him as a wizard.     All the magic that happens is either given to him or done to him.    The only thing you ever see him do for himself is shoot people with his Phazer-wand – which was given to him.

Hermione does all the donkey-work magic while Harry gets all the fame.

Am I missing something?

Parents
  • In the books Harry still gets a lot of help from other people, but he does more than just use his wand like a gun. He had a genuine talent in Defense Against the Dark arts but struggled with the more complex subjects. I always hated how the films didn't bother to use interesting spells and instead everyone just shot laser beams at each other all the time in duels.

• In the books Harry still gets a lot of help from other people, but he does more than just use his wand like a gun. He had a genuine talent in Defense Against the Dark arts but struggled with the more complex subjects. I always hated how the films didn't bother to use interesting spells and instead everyone just shot laser beams at each other all the time in duels.

Children
No Data