Can’t sleep, again!

Despite having taken my Nytol at 9pm intending to have an early night, and despite being sure that it kicked in over an hour ago, I still can’t get my stupid brain go switch off enough to fall asleep!

Parents
  • I find that if I can't sleep one night, I sleep better the next night.   Or fall asleep during the day.  Sleep catches up to you eventually. 

The real problem is when you want to sleep and you can't! 

I try getting out of bed and watching TV or a dvd,  a good horror movie sometimes helps.  And going against conventional wisdom,  a small snack and a cup of tea /coffee helps.  After a relaxing hour out of bed I feel sleepy,  although it may be 2 or 3am.

• I find that if I can't sleep one night, I sleep better the next night.   Or fall asleep during the day.  Sleep catches up to you eventually. 

The real problem is when you want to sleep and you can't! 

I try getting out of bed and watching TV or a dvd,  a good horror movie sometimes helps.  And going against conventional wisdom,  a small snack and a cup of tea /coffee helps.  After a relaxing hour out of bed I feel sleepy,  although it may be 2 or 3am.

Children