What's in your lunchbox? :)

Every day at work heated in a microwave:

Frozen Corn, Edamame beans/Broad Beans

Fresh Broccoli, Carrot, Sweet potato. (Geez I love fresh Broc- why I hated it as a kid I don't know)

Something crunchy: Croquette, breadcrumbed proteiny food

Chicken soup as a sauce

Grated cheese on top

I feel blessed I'm happy to eat the same thing every day

PotatoCornStew 

Parents
  • I think of food as just a function. I don't want or have the interest to cook at all. I keep it simple by using frozen veg foods that'll thaw by the next day ready to microwave (carrot/broccoli has to be fresh though- blanched and then frozen). It's all ready in a container in minutes for next day. 

I really can't bring myself to buy every day. (there are food outlets everywhere where I work- geared up for students) but austerity over the last 10 years has gotten me into an economical but fairly healthy diet I hope.

Been making my own bread for 10 years too. In a breadmaker. Wouldn't go back to shop bread ever now.

• Home made bread is the best, we often make our own too. There were some great home made bread recipes in the August issue of Sainsbury’s magazine, must try one of those soon Slight smile

• I've thought about looking into what I could do with my breadmaker but it always just comes back to a weekly basic loaf and a fruit loaf. Best is treating self now and then with a thick cut off a fresh cooked loaf

Reply Children