Anonymity - what's the risk?

Just wondering........I have started a blog about autism, and I'd like to get more people reading it (OK, *some* people reading it :-) ).

Now that I'm no longer on Facebook or Twitter, the only place I'd really go to, to ask a few people what they think, is this forum.

But I don't want to have to keep my blog anonymous (it kind of is at the moment, but I don't want to impose that restriction on it permanently).

Obviously if anyone ties up my account here with my blog, I'd lose my anonymity here.

That means that anything I post on my blog, I can't post here and vice versa because if I did, a cut-paste-google would instantly enable anyone to find my blog from here.

What is the risk or risks that makes it a good idea to remain anonymous on this forum?

It's annoying having to decide, when I think I have something interesting to say about autism, do I post it on my blog *or* here?

Parents Reply
  • I’m guessing that IF at some point in the future you wanted to put your name on it, it might be because you were comfortable with people identifying you as the author of the blog?

In any case. At the present moment in time your name isn’t on it. So why not share it here and see what people think? Don’t waste today worrying about tomorrow!

In the meantime I’m pleased to report that your free advertising resource has been very busy today, so hopefully you’ll get a few more hits Slight smile

Children