Can’t Sleep!

I finally fell asleep about 2am, then woke up at just gone 3am and can’t get back to sleep! Usually I can sleep through on Nytol, but not tonight! Need to be up at 6am with the children too, thinking of just staying awake now! Is anyone else having difficulty sleeping tonight?

• Did you manage to get a good sleep?

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

• Don'nt know, 25mg doesn'nt 50 feel a bit groggy 75mg not sure never tried that much, we shall see, If it stops my head spinning its worth it.

• does that not give you a hang over ? 

• Thought of your thread tonight, didn't get a wink of sleep last night, gonna knock myself out tonight been wired all day but not actually doing anything except pacing and staring at the TV but not watching or registering,

I'm going from 25 to 75mg Quitiepine, that should knock me out if it doesn't maybe a hammer over the head will be required

• Yeah I guess it's better than being up and about! Do you never sleep then?

• I lie awake in bed listening to podcasts or radio. It's not healthy sleep but at least it's a rest.  Slight smile

• I wouldn't concentrate too hard on visualizing and remembering the numbers. Too much fine detail can be unproductive. I sometimes find myself counting things like how many times I have repeated a deepening phrase or even a suggestion in my mind. But I have been told that if you lose count that it is basically because you are beginning the transit thru' the alpha wave state towards the theta and delta states. Your changing state is thus a distraction from your conscious process of counting, but the distraction is still actually heading you in the right direction. If you forget what the last number you counted was, just guess roughly and restart the count at that number. Invariably, you still won't reach your number target; but will already be heading into real sleep. You may well wake up in the morning and remember you never actually saw the count all the way thru'. It works for me, anyway.

• I’ve suffered from insomnia to some degree or another since I was a young child but it’s rare that I get really bed insomnia to the point that I can’t sleep at all! I think physical conditions can impact on our ability to sleep but personally it’s more a case of my brain just wont shut up! Luckily sleeping tablets do usually work for me!

• I hate 4am when I’m on a night shift! Always find it so hard to stay awake at that point! 

• I shall have to find some hops to place under my pillow! I do sometimes try counting slowly and making myself visualise the numbers as I count, this is actually a lot more difficult than it seems and I find the concentration on visualisation stops by brain from buzzing around thinking about loads of things so can induce sleep. I hope you slept well?

• I have often thought that I could get so much more done if I was nocturnal but sadly it’s not an option as I would struggle to look after my children during the day if I stayed up all night! I don’t know about delayed sleep phases but sometimes my brain just will not shut up, hence why I take the meds, which usually work. Luckily last night they worked well as they usually do. Hope you got a good sleep?

• Yeah I take Nytol to sleep, which usually works but Thursday my brain just wouldn’t switch off! Hope you slept well last night? Xx

• I hope that you got a decent sleep last night? Sorry to hear that you didn’t sleep well the night before, nightmares when they happen are horrible and can deter you from wanting to go back to sleep! Sorry that your past still plagues your dreams!

• Last night's sleep was awful.  

I went to bed at a sensible time 11pm.

Woke up at 12:30 then again at 3:30am.  Then I drifted in semi consciousness in and out of sleep with multiple nightmares. Some related to my past,  some a twisted version of my binge Dvd viewing,  currently I'm watching the entire collection of the Gilmore girls,  7 seasons containing 154 episodes. 

Today I'm going to bed later 12:40am.  I'm hoping for nightmare free sleep.

• That's exactly what my landlady's son calls me! Laughing

Oddly (spookily?) enough, when I was a kid, I did have loads of dental work done to my canine teeth- they're still set a little too far forward even now.

Of course, it's purely an amusing coincidence that I didn't post much at my usual nocturnal times on Friday night (it was the 13th AND a full moon)... Imp

• maybe you're a vampire  

• OMG the 4am witching hour, yep that is the worst... That's why I opted for the drugs...

• Don't sleep well at all my nights for the last 5 years have been spent in a drug induced coma thanks to 25 mg Of Quitiepine (off license) usually knocks me out pretty good, the last week I have increased it to 50 mg so I find if I have more stress than usual I sometimes have to up the dose.

There are health risks with it but its such a low dose, I can live with the risk, anything for a good kip...