TV plots disturbing me.

I am now finding myself severely affected mentally, by the plots in TV programmes.   Sometimes for opposite reasons.

Last night, or should I say this morning. I watched an episode of a touch of frost, from midnight to 2am.  I couldn't sleep after that.

The main plot was kidnapping & murder and some petty unpleasant characters.  I was watching and waiting for further twists and turns in the plot.  That never came.  The bad guys were predictable and awful, the police were third rate and inept.  And I was very upset and disturbed .

Last month I was equally upset when watching the final episode in series one of the American /Canadian drama, 'Mary kills people '.  There the problem was that the final twist in the episode took me totally by surprise. 

So a predictable plot upsets me and an unpredictable twist also upsets me.

I'm in a mental mess and can't sleep.

Parents
  • The main problem here is that these were TV shows involving murder!

I was on holiday in Southend-on-Sea in Essex once and looked in the window of Waterstone's bookshop on the high street there and to my horror every book in the advertisement display was either about Hitler or a murder mystery. It looked so bleak and scary.

Try to watch something uplifting like a comedy or a science or arts documentary every time after you watch something like A Touch of Frost. It might help ease your nerves.

• The main problem here is that these were TV shows involving murder!

I was on holiday in Southend-on-Sea in Essex once and looked in the window of Waterstone's bookshop on the high street there and to my horror every book in the advertisement display was either about Hitler or a murder mystery. It looked so bleak and scary.

Try to watch something uplifting like a comedy or a science or arts documentary every time after you watch something like A Touch of Frost. It might help ease your nerves.

Children
No Data