Electronic planner/PDA for adult

Hello

I know there's a similar thread about electronic planners but they were asking for one for a 10-year-old.

I'm in my late 20s and I'm incredibly disorganised. What I find very helpful is making priority lists on my Windows based PC (I use Easy To Do Lite but there are lots of similar options). For example, I might make a list of tasks that are related to my course work and then a separate one for benefits related paper work and then one for things I will need to buy or just things I'd like to/need to do (shower, go for a walk, ride my bike - yes, I need to write these down!). I like it how on a computer you can tick tasks off as completed or delete them if they're no longer relevant. This works fine when I'm on my PC but as soon as I turn it off, I get confused and forget things. So it would be very handy to have something that I could use on the go but that I could also sync with my PC (mainly for backup purposes).

I'd like an old-fashioned PDA, such as a Palm Pilot, but I don't think they're selling them anymore. I don't like buying things off eBay, in case they are faulty. I prefer buying things from a shop because I could easily bring the item back if there are problems. So I have looked into mobile phones but I find it hard to find out which ones do have good planners and which ones don't. Even the most basic ones will have a calendar feature but it's hard to find out which ones have a decent organiser that can handle separate to-do-lists and recurring events for example. I'm aware that if I buy an Android based phone, there will be apps that I can download but I'm reluctant to buy a smart phone because I don't want to buy a data plan and I don't have a wi-fi access point at home (never go to Starbucks or similar). I really don't need internet in my phone as I have it on my PC. Presumably without a dataplan and without wi-fi, I won't be able to download any apps. So I'm looking for a phone (or PDA, if they still exist) that comes with a decent built-in organiser and not one that requires me to download an app for it. Unless some Android phones can download apps via my existing PC connection (I have a mobile broadband dongle connection, no cable)? Most phones can sync data, i.e. contacts, with a PC but is there a way to download Android apps to a PC and then transfer the app to the phone via USB cable?

Parents
  • Yes it's great for games, there are thousands in the App Store, more than any other device. The better ones you have to pay for but most of the popular ones tend to have a 'lite' version you can try for free. The are plenty which you can easily play in short bursts. In my humble opinion it's by far the best device for casual gaming.

• Yes it's great for games, there are thousands in the App Store, more than any other device. The better ones you have to pay for but most of the popular ones tend to have a 'lite' version you can try for free. The are plenty which you can easily play in short bursts. In my humble opinion it's by far the best device for casual gaming.

Children
No Data