Tea or coffee?

I’m just finishing my 3rd coffee of the day (I really need to cut down again!) and just wondered what hot drink other people prefer? Are you a coffee drinker or do you prefer tea or perhaps you like herbal tea (good flavour recommendations welcome!) or something else? How do you take your tea/coffee/other. I drink strong black coffee with no milk or sugar but with half cold water due to sensitive gums; I don’t drink tea but do drink herbal teas depending on the flavour, lemon, ginger and manuka honey is a current favourite but peppermint and liquorice is a recent fail on the herbal tea front!

Parents
  • Never used to drink either until I was probably about 30 or so. Up to that point only hot drinks I had were hot choc or hot orange/blackcurrant squash. Got a bit fed up with people at work offering me tea/coffee etc at meetings so thought "oh maybe I'd better make myself like them to fit in". Hate the smell of tea so that was a no-no, so tried coffee. Took less than two weeks for me to start really liking coffee!

Now I drink really strong coffee. Try and limit myself to 3 cups a day, and not after 7pm as it makes me wired. My preference is Kenco 3in1 sachets, as then I don;t have to judge how much coffee/sugar/milk etc. Also like tassimo americano grande pods as we have a machine at work. Usually have them black with lots of sugar. Preference if out is always a mocha.

Still like my hot choc though; and that s always my pre-bedtime drink. Oh apart from Sundays when it's usually hot squash, orange and blackcurrant mixed.

• Never used to drink either until I was probably about 30 or so. Up to that point only hot drinks I had were hot choc or hot orange/blackcurrant squash. Got a bit fed up with people at work offering me tea/coffee etc at meetings so thought "oh maybe I'd better make myself like them to fit in". Hate the smell of tea so that was a no-no, so tried coffee. Took less than two weeks for me to start really liking coffee!

Now I drink really strong coffee. Try and limit myself to 3 cups a day, and not after 7pm as it makes me wired. My preference is Kenco 3in1 sachets, as then I don;t have to judge how much coffee/sugar/milk etc. Also like tassimo americano grande pods as we have a machine at work. Usually have them black with lots of sugar. Preference if out is always a mocha.

Still like my hot choc though; and that s always my pre-bedtime drink. Oh apart from Sundays when it's usually hot squash, orange and blackcurrant mixed.

Children
  • Coffee is an acquired taste. It is bitter but once you get used to it, it’s a weirdly pleasant bitterness, or maybe the caffeine addiction over-rides the bitterness?

I also drink very strong coffee! We had a coffee machine at home which was great because you can get so many different pods to go in them, I used to like the caramel latte. Then the coffee machine broke Frowning2️ I’ll have to get another one at some point.

I don’t usually drink hot chocolate but I bought a tin of posh hot chocolate powder from a stall at a chocolate festival on good Friday and had to try some. It was Honeycomb flavour, it tasted pretty good! Do you drink flavoured hot chocolate?