The good days and the bad

Does anybody else experience days where you feel you are doing well and coping at home or at work and then days where it's the complete opposite where you end up thinking too deep into things or can't shift a specific thought or worry out of your head, or need more time to process what's going on around you or what someone is saying in conversation?

I find it really annoying at work and stressful when I have these days because I end up over-thinking and over analysing everything which makes me slow down with the job in-hand. I noticed my OCD kicks in more to. Also have you experienced where you are doing a job and the time seems to be going really quick but your progression on the actual job just doesn't feel like its moving at an adequate pace?

Maybe it's just me and I'm different? But I was diagnosed recently with an ASC of the Aspergers type.

Parents
  • I could have written that opening post except for a diagnosis.  

When in comfort zone (what I do best, from my knowledge, skills and experience and areas of interest) then I do not ruminate and time just flies by (even doing more as hyper focussed on the task).

When out of comfort zone, without empowerment and no supportive team members then it builds up until meltdown - the contradictions, criticism, lack of knowledge by management who not only ignore what I say but overwhelm me with the bigger picture (top down rather than bottom up and TOO MUCH INFORMATION).

Thus I isolate myself in work (protection mechanism) and then I'm left alone which then makes me isolated even more.  The background chitchat is also distracting and I have my own coping mechanisms (loud music on headphones).

The unrealistic millstones the damagers set does not help either as it increases the stress/anxiety when you know they live in cloud cuckoo land and then criticise you for failing their expectations.  

Perhaps the perfectionism is something they ignore/don't want but it is better doing a proper job, once and right than a half hearted ass covering "glossy presentation on doggie doo" that gets the damagement plaudits raving.

We are not alone but have some commonalities as well as differences.

• I totally get the perfectionism as this is where speed can come into it as I need to do everything good and proper. Often around the house for example if its tidying or cleaning I hate half a job it's got to be done good and proper. In work I cannot stand the rush rush rush approach and constant mistakes people do with the not assed approach to doing things. I treat people how I expect to be treat myself aswell unfortunately not everyone is the same.

The chit chat is annoying especially any loud talking from someone close by they usually chat rubbish. Anything that gets slammed to the floor near me at works makes me jump which can cause stress or loud music coming from a speaker whilst trying to work is annoying and I hate anyone trying to wind me up I understand NT people call this banter but I really hate it. I can feel anger build up inside and frustration another cause of anger and stress.

In an ideal world we could work in a quiet environment with people that just want to actually work and do the job properly and treat everyone with respect. Another thing I find annoying is when you have to correct somebody else's mistake.

Reading this back I come across like an individual is just constantly annoyed with everyone Haha. Don't get me started on drivers that don't use their indicators or speed this is another annoyance I see on a daily basis.

• I totally get the perfectionism as this is where speed can come into it as I need to do everything good and proper. Often around the house for example if its tidying or cleaning I hate half a job it's got to be done good and proper. In work I cannot stand the rush rush rush approach and constant mistakes people do with the not assed approach to doing things. I treat people how I expect to be treat myself aswell unfortunately not everyone is the same.

The chit chat is annoying especially any loud talking from someone close by they usually chat rubbish. Anything that gets slammed to the floor near me at works makes me jump which can cause stress or loud music coming from a speaker whilst trying to work is annoying and I hate anyone trying to wind me up I understand NT people call this banter but I really hate it. I can feel anger build up inside and frustration another cause of anger and stress.

In an ideal world we could work in a quiet environment with people that just want to actually work and do the job properly and treat everyone with respect. Another thing I find annoying is when you have to correct somebody else's mistake.

Reading this back I come across like an individual is just constantly annoyed with everyone Haha. Don't get me started on drivers that don't use their indicators or speed this is another annoyance I see on a daily basis.

Children