Aspergers and Blackmail

Please excuse me for not fully understanding Autism to the fullest it's rather a new world to me. I am not on the spectrum (please forgive me If anything i say comes across as offensive its not my intention) 

Are people with aspergers understanding on the concept of blackmail, ie can they actively do it out of malious, with the intent of causing emotional distress/harm or do they not fully understand it and find themselves in a situation.

Parents
  • I'm a bit reluctant to share more content because it's all a bit raw, the person above has recently gone to prison. Thinking

• Yikes! OK.

Well, for what it's worth I was recently diagnosed as having ASD and I reckon I'm certainly capable of blackmail but I think I'd only go through with it if I felt it was justified.

For example, my Mum's second husband was an utter sh!t and emotionally and psychologically abused her - if I'd had an opportunity to get revenge for that via blackmail (and I figured I could get away with it) it's possible I'd have done so...

People with ASD are quite capable of understanding the concept of blackmail, just as they are capable of understanding the concept of theft or infidelity... the question is whether they would carry it out and if they did whether they'd do so from the same motivational standpoint as an NT person and if not, whether they should be judged by NT standards...

• Yikes! OK.

Well, for what it's worth I was recently diagnosed as having ASD and I reckon I'm certainly capable of blackmail but I think I'd only go through with it if I felt it was justified.

For example, my Mum's second husband was an utter sh!t and emotionally and psychologically abused her - if I'd had an opportunity to get revenge for that via blackmail (and I figured I could get away with it) it's possible I'd have done so...

People with ASD are quite capable of understanding the concept of blackmail, just as they are capable of understanding the concept of theft or infidelity... the question is whether they would carry it out and if they did whether they'd do so from the same motivational standpoint as an NT person and if not, whether they should be judged by NT standards...

Children
No Data