Weeny Peeves

Glad Tidings, Anyone reading. Please add your own 'Weeny Peeve', here, and VENT about it, if needs must. A Small (weeny) thing, which is irritating (peevish)... enough to be irritating, yet not so large as to breakdown One's life... I shall try examples of what I mean, thusly:

...Packets which say:"Pull here to open" --- Yet upon pulling, only the "Pull Here" part opens, and One must resort to the use of tools such as Scissors to open the rest of the darn thing.

...That floating bit of FLUFF which just *will not land* and so can constantly evade being swept up or cleaned away. (Vacuum Cleaners must be employed, here.)

...Things which state that they cost under "X" amount of money, yet only because they cost "X minus 1 plus 99-pence"... The saving of just 1 Pence is ALWAYS touted loudly as a bargain!

...TV Shows which are fictional but when beginning to discuss a real-life impasse, it is as if the writers know this and so change the subject... usually with something loud/dramatic/exploding.

...Not something I myself do, but have often seen done: When eating something "crunchy", upon the first bite, the rest of it fairly disintegrates so much that collecting the fragments is no longer worth any nutrition gained from the effort.

... Even if no-one else replies, I Myself may add to this Thread, now that I have started it, for everyday things. Good Fortune and Stay Safe, All.

Parents
  • People parking their car in thoughtless places and thinking that it's ok because they've left their hazard lights on.

Easter egg packaging which is much bigger than the egg and makes it look like you are getting more than you are. (very frustrating to a chocaholic such as myself.)

People using the last of the toilet roll and not replacing it or telling anyone.

Weather forecasters who talk like a bit of rain is a human tragedy and gush about sunny weather even when it's way too hot for comfort and elderly people are dying of heatstroke.

• Weather forecasters who talk like a bit of rain is a human tragedy and gush about sunny weather even when it's way too hot for comfort and elderly people are dying of heatstroke.

...Myself, I use the Weather Forecasters as a way to observe subtle social protocols: A bad/disliked person is Rain, a good/liked person is Sunshine. There were Weather People who say the opposite, but they are soon changed (e.g. - John Hammond used to like the Rain.)...

...Or maybe I am writing this waffle about the Weather, because it is My Thread, and so I have been waiting Months for the opportunity to say this again...

*Your Icon is a Pokemon Starmie! Yay! Yippee!* 

• Weather forecasters who talk like a bit of rain is a human tragedy and gush about sunny weather even when it's way too hot for comfort and elderly people are dying of heatstroke.

...Myself, I use the Weather Forecasters as a way to observe subtle social protocols: A bad/disliked person is Rain, a good/liked person is Sunshine. There were Weather People who say the opposite, but they are soon changed (e.g. - John Hammond used to like the Rain.)...

...Or maybe I am writing this waffle about the Weather, because it is My Thread, and so I have been waiting Months for the opportunity to say this again...

*Your Icon is a Pokemon Starmie! Yay! Yippee!* 

Children
  • I use ‘weather code’ to describe my husband’s mood to my eldest. I.e. X is very cloudy with a high chance of thunderstorms means X is in a very bad mood! X is mostly clear with no rain forecast means X is in a reasonable mood. There are many different combinations and different ways to describe people’s mood using the weather. But I know when she asks me ‘how’s the weather mum?’ What she’s actually asking is what mood is X in? We’ve had this code going for a few years now and it’s very effective as well as causing great amusement to ourselves!