Weeny Peeves

Glad Tidings, Anyone reading. Please add your own 'Weeny Peeve', here, and VENT about it, if needs must. A Small (weeny) thing, which is irritating (peevish)... enough to be irritating, yet not so large as to breakdown One's life... I shall try examples of what I mean, thusly:

...Packets which say:"Pull here to open" --- Yet upon pulling, only the "Pull Here" part opens, and One must resort to the use of tools such as Scissors to open the rest of the darn thing.

...That floating bit of FLUFF which just *will not land* and so can constantly evade being swept up or cleaned away. (Vacuum Cleaners must be employed, here.)

...Things which state that they cost under "X" amount of money, yet only because they cost "X minus 1 plus 99-pence"... The saving of just 1 Pence is ALWAYS touted loudly as a bargain!

...TV Shows which are fictional but when beginning to discuss a real-life impasse, it is as if the writers know this and so change the subject... usually with something loud/dramatic/exploding.

...Not something I myself do, but have often seen done: When eating something "crunchy", upon the first bite, the rest of it fairly disintegrates so much that collecting the fragments is no longer worth any nutrition gained from the effort.

... Even if no-one else replies, I Myself may add to this Thread, now that I have started it, for everyday things. Good Fortune and Stay Safe, All.

Parents
  • ...A few more, I think of more only when they occur though.

Persons who leave a used item (bottle, newspaper) upon Public Transport, <> identical to one which is already littering the floor. ("Hey, MINE isn't on the floor, y'see, it's standing up, there!")

A mysterious illness/cut/rash/blemish, which appears for no reason... but then disappears when the appointment with the Doctor is due. And then reappears after that event. (!)

The same Food where they all have the same expiry date / ingredients, yet they taste completely different.

Opening a bottle, where the top does not open, but just spins round and round and round...

When something has just been "cleaned", from spectacles to clothing to pushbikes. Somedays I have it as if every single bit of flotsam upon this Good Earth aims to land just at that cleaned thing... flies, leaves, debris, mud... I mean, what is that all about?

People who speak using the word "like", a lot. Like, this is, like, really, like, frustrating okay, like, get to Your, like, *point*, okay?
    ...Similarly, people who say "Y'know" when, quite honestly... "Y'don't" know. Yet they build every assumption onwards from some assumed ambiguity...

When the Weather keeps alternating fast between raining and sunshine but there is no Rainbow inbetween. (Boooo!)

Old 60s American Murder-Mystery Films/TV Programs, where the "bad guy" is identifiable by any or all of the following: a) He has an Upperclass English accent, b) He has a Neat Beard, c) Is the only one wearing a 3-Piece Suit. d) Is aloof, e) Is self-deprecating in manner.

...As mentioned so far slightly... buying a thing which is encapsulated in a thick moulded plastic, with absolutely no methods given upon how to safely open it. This is really confusing and if One is physically weak - like Myself (!) - then it takes at least half-an-hour to open it. Even things for Children are like this.

I should say... Thanks for Posting, ALL so far! Yes, some of 'this and that and the other' could well start Threads of their own, Hmmmmm? But I am signing off for now. Thanks Again.

• ...A few more, I think of more only when they occur though.

Persons who leave a used item (bottle, newspaper) upon Public Transport, <> identical to one which is already littering the floor. ("Hey, MINE isn't on the floor, y'see, it's standing up, there!")

A mysterious illness/cut/rash/blemish, which appears for no reason... but then disappears when the appointment with the Doctor is due. And then reappears after that event. (!)

The same Food where they all have the same expiry date / ingredients, yet they taste completely different.

Opening a bottle, where the top does not open, but just spins round and round and round...

When something has just been "cleaned", from spectacles to clothing to pushbikes. Somedays I have it as if every single bit of flotsam upon this Good Earth aims to land just at that cleaned thing... flies, leaves, debris, mud... I mean, what is that all about?

People who speak using the word "like", a lot. Like, this is, like, really, like, frustrating okay, like, get to Your, like, *point*, okay?
    ...Similarly, people who say "Y'know" when, quite honestly... "Y'don't" know. Yet they build every assumption onwards from some assumed ambiguity...

When the Weather keeps alternating fast between raining and sunshine but there is no Rainbow inbetween. (Boooo!)

Old 60s American Murder-Mystery Films/TV Programs, where the "bad guy" is identifiable by any or all of the following: a) He has an Upperclass English accent, b) He has a Neat Beard, c) Is the only one wearing a 3-Piece Suit. d) Is aloof, e) Is self-deprecating in manner.

...As mentioned so far slightly... buying a thing which is encapsulated in a thick moulded plastic, with absolutely no methods given upon how to safely open it. This is really confusing and if One is physically weak - like Myself (!) - then it takes at least half-an-hour to open it. Even things for Children are like this.

I should say... Thanks for Posting, ALL so far! Yes, some of 'this and that and the other' could well start Threads of their own, Hmmmmm? But I am signing off for now. Thanks Again.

Children
  • Food packaging really irritates me. Why so much plastic? Why do I need plastic around potatoes and apples? And then the outrage about plastic straws - but what about the tonnes of plastic that chicken comes in or basically any food you buy from a supermarket? It's madness. (As a side point, cardboard straws are a waste of time, which is why they were plastic. Why do you even need straws in the first place?)