Weeny Peeves

Glad Tidings, Anyone reading. Please add your own 'Weeny Peeve', here, and VENT about it, if needs must. A Small (weeny) thing, which is irritating (peevish)... enough to be irritating, yet not so large as to breakdown One's life... I shall try examples of what I mean, thusly:

...Packets which say:"Pull here to open" --- Yet upon pulling, only the "Pull Here" part opens, and One must resort to the use of tools such as Scissors to open the rest of the darn thing.

...That floating bit of FLUFF which just *will not land* and so can constantly evade being swept up or cleaned away. (Vacuum Cleaners must be employed, here.)

...Things which state that they cost under "X" amount of money, yet only because they cost "X minus 1 plus 99-pence"... The saving of just 1 Pence is ALWAYS touted loudly as a bargain!

...TV Shows which are fictional but when beginning to discuss a real-life impasse, it is as if the writers know this and so change the subject... usually with something loud/dramatic/exploding.

...Not something I myself do, but have often seen done: When eating something "crunchy", upon the first bite, the rest of it fairly disintegrates so much that collecting the fragments is no longer worth any nutrition gained from the effort.

... Even if no-one else replies, I Myself may add to this Thread, now that I have started it, for everyday things. Good Fortune and Stay Safe, All.

Parents
  • What an awesome idea for a post.

Yay and more yay, for thou is truly thoughtful and seriously clever :)

where shall I begin?

Biscuit packets,,, yes most do not have a little tag to pull on to open the second from top biscuit aperture. Little grrr there,

When purchasing scissors they tend to lock them from opening with the strongest know cable tie known to mankind, if only I had a pair of scissors to cut the darn thing?

equaly when purchasing cheap pound shop reading glasses, a cable tie again super cooper strong, but tiny and snug fitting, it needs a sharp tiny pair of clippers to surgically remove it.

Offers that portray to save money but are in a smaller size from the usual, if you study the price per kilo it is often easy to spot. 

Buy one get one free offers, some are genuine and save money, but on occasion it costs more than buying two singular items, which btw they hide away so you cannot easily compare like for like. Sneaky so and so’s

As you can see I find a fair amount that peeves me. But ah well I see them and therefore ignore them and let others decide if they are ok.

You have brightened a dark place tonight, keep shining and be you. 

X()x

Reply Children
  • Hi friend :) 

yes you DC, thank you for accepting my friend request, sorry you still cannot receive PM replies :( 

I hoped things had changed on this site! Silly me, 

The fact you accepted my request is more than enough for me to know you regard me as your friend, yay, wow, 

and well done finding how to add emojis. I really do understand your frustrations regarding old devices, I too had one when I first joined here, it was hard work just opening each new thread, trying to reply was even harder, the reply box was tiny, the only text visible was one line, to scroll meant trying to put my big clumsy finger in a tiny little arrow, often the whole page moved not the line of text I had typed arghhhh. Much frustration. 

I was lucky to be given a chance to buy a new device, it was a lot of money but the company I work for gave most of it in the way of a gift to me. 

Please do not think just because you cannot PM or receive messages you are not a friend, we have been friends without friend requests or PM messages, 

Keep being you and I will be me, it seems to be ok.

I like your humour, I like your posts, 42 replies also tells me others also enjoy the topic you chose, You have given us a place to vent and have fun, we need more fun, 

yay to yourself,

Take care my winged werecat, and one day you will have a new device and maybe a tarantula pet to ward of giant beings that you wish not to get in your way.

Much respect to you, sorry if I caused you to not like the internet, it often causes me an old fogey to give up when suddenly confronted with things I have no understanding of!

Things that are considered “ so easy that everyone knows don’t they?”

I don’t and it’s only easy if you know how, I do know how to drive an excavator with great ability. Yay me.

Not everyone can do thst, I don’t know why as it’s so so easy surely even a child could do that?

Lol. 

Keep posting I need to smile . 

X()x

• DC please do not be concerned to much that you cannot PM, or should I say receive PM messages. 

I do remember you saying many times you couldn’t with your old devices, I thought maybe as the NAS had changed a lot of how the site is run that it was worth at least trying again, I am sorry you can’t. It matters not to me, I can talk freely to you, I have nothing to hide or anything that shouldn’t be seen by others, I just wanted to give my opinion about how I saw the “ current climate” and to see what you thought also. 

As you say certain things could blow up into more than they should. 

I regard you as a friend as you have been here a long time like me, we have both shared an interest in many subjects, ok not all but that’s good also.

Please do not feel you should stop posting here, it is your post, it has been successful, many enjoy it as do I. It’s a very good topic, it is about light hearted things that “ peeve” us daily.

Just be YOU. 

X()x

• ...Like a little kid, or something, I wanted to show this first at My New "Friend". Thanks to a New Thread I began here, on Star Wars Day ("May The Fourth Be With You!")... I just learnt how to do this thing upon My old device...

Slight smile

...An Emoji! At a "Friend", here! Crumbs...! Insofar as "WeenyPeeves" I can say that one of them was not being able to Post Emojis. A whole new world might have opened up, but I still do not trust the Internet. (!) Good Fortune in anycase, Good Sir.

• Weeeell... This is My Thread, so I can continue or break-off this side-topic, nerrr (!). Mr LoneWarrior, to prove what I say about My being unable to exchange PMs (I can send, not recieve)... You and Me are "Besties", Whehey!

...Yet, As I said though, I really cannot do this, really. My time spent here in this Forum, I have learnt much about "The Internet". I have had My concerns about it confirmed (My iPod is only just hanging on in there, and is happy just so long as itis never UPDATED. The device I now use is glitchy but still efficient... and Myself, I still know not how to EMail.) 

...All of that... New Thread, maybe?

Beside that... I meant what I said in the PMs, I might not be able to view or PM again. I never know. But one last thing, unrelated to all of that... I cannot carry on with so many contradictions occurring. Also, in plain English, I am wary of "carrying on being happy" with others being sad. I hate it. This last is about this Thread and other Threads, Mine or anyone elses'. I do not like misunderstanding, I know that it is maybe the Autism in Me...

...If I cannot see that people are in trouble, then I do not want to join in without fully knowing about the situation, in order to attempt informed support (or know to stay away.). If this means that PMs are the way to go, then I guess I am out.

--- No I am not leaving totally, though! And do not Reply to this in haste, please. And do not worry, either. I am just writing stuff I needed to say, about My PMs and my wondering if I should carry on with this Thread.

I also have trouble with long Posts, even when I Myself write them. Sorry. (!) Also I keep saying Thank You and meaning it... so Thank You again there, nerr.

• Thank you DC I wanted to sit at a table and discuss something with you “ face to face” so to speak.

Are you not able to friend request me in order to “ chat”?

There are things which I wish to say that are not for everyone’s eyes to read.

Again nothing serious or for you to fret about. Just a few kind words that I am sure you would appreciate.

I really do understand about old devices, when my own device suddenly had a bit of a wobble and for a short time wouldn’t work I got out my old tablet device.

Oh my how impossible it was to do just about anything on this web based platform using it.

It was so difficult I eventually gave up trying, pages were so small and contained but a few lines and that was that. 

Thank you for replying and one day I very much would like the opportunity to talk openly and honestly with you about certain things you allude to. Having such old devices is on the most part why I feel it necessary to talk. I feel you need to hear information or facts that exist on here that you probably don’t see, facts that may or may not give you a greater understanding of the over all situation that has caused certain highly emotional exchanges to take place.

You are a very insightful individual who says what you see, your honesty and ability to see certain things despite seeming to be truth, are at times misguided and untrue.

Take care and please try to make contact if at possible by any means afforded to yourself.

Thank you for continuing to be so much  YOU.

I find that to be a most pleasant way to be.

X()x

• Glad Tidings Mr Warrior. I see this and so I would do well not to ignore it. But THIS NIGHT... I also see certain other things...

About this and this Thread: As You may know, I often say that I cannot recieve PMs and I cannot EMail.This is TRUE and so as much as I might like to Friend anyone, I mean it when I say that I cannot. (Of The "Friends" currently upon My Profile page: The first was made before the Errors afflicted my device, and the second was as if Automated (I did not have to reply to it). )

I can "send" by Posting, but I cannot receive Mesages. I used to, but I cannot. I keep trying to explain this.

This goes onto My second reason for Posting... given the current climate, I dare not continue the 'Lightheartedness' of this thread just now. There is too much going on, I am being shown a lot of reasons justifying My never liking the Internet. People need to get around a Table and talk, face-to-face, reasonably presenting perspectives... but upon the Internet, this is a 'no-can-do'.

Even My saying this here might blow up. I still do like and respect all concerned, but talking to them at an appropriate time is nigh-on impossible to judge upon here... since that is what PMs are for... and I cannot exchange PMs!

Maybe one day, if I gain a new device which can EMail, I shall try it... but I have not, so I cannot. Thank You LoneWarrior, for being so... well, so much who You are. I cannot say more than that just now, really. How many times must I say that My devices are old and I cannot exchange PMs...!

I am Ending this Off-Topic Post, now.

• Hi friend, 

we have known of each other for a very long time on here.

And so Would it be possible to contact you as I would very much like to talk.

It is important that I tell you something!

Nothing you need worry about, just a few words I think you need to hear.

Many thanks.