Easter Weekend

I’m having a ‘quite’ day today, well as quite as I can have with 3 children! I’ve been really impressed with the amount of Easter activities that have been running in various places over the long weekend (great to keep children occupied who are restless at the end of the school holidays) and with the beautiful weather. Yesterday we went to Mountfitchet Castle which is a reconstruction of a Norman Castle and village, so lots of historical information on offer to keep me happy and an Easter Egg hunt to keep the children happy, they’ve got a brilliant toy museum there too. How has anyone else been enjoying the sun and long weekend?

Parents
  • Hi, I am new to this site and I have recently been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. Anyway as for Easter I have also been out to Leicester on Saturday with a friend who came on Saturday and we met up with another friend and visited the Guildhall and enjoyed sitting outside in the city in the sunshine and we had a meal out. Friday was just a relaxing day sitting out in the garden. On Sunday my friend and I went to Stamford and we had a packed lunch by the river and went around the historic town stopping for a ice cream and later for a shandy. Today was another day out in the garden with a friend.

• Welcome to the forum. I was only diagnosed at the end of last year. I hope you can find good support and advice here. I've never been to Leicester, what's it like? Garden's are good in this weather though only with a decent pair of dark glasses and facing away from the sun. I've never been to Stamford either, what sort of historic buildings do they have there?

• Leicester is a multi cultural city with both inside and outside shopping and quite a few eating places and some nice parks. There are many Victorian buildings and home of Richard 3rd and historic Guildhall which was featured on TV most haunted. There is also the excellent New Walk Museum and botanic gardens nearby at Oadby. Stamford is a stone town with many churches and limestone buildings and has Burghley house which is famous for it's equestrian pursuits. How was you diagnosed? Which part of the country are you from? 

• Definitely will do, thank you for the tip :-)

Reply Children
No Data