Indecision

Does anyone else find it difficult to make decisions? It feels like the more mundane the choice the more difficulty I have. For example, if I want to buy a birthday card for my sister, I'll go to the shop and they'll be hundreds of options. So I'll narrow it down to something she'll like - cats for instance. But they'll still be 20 cards with cats on. I know that it doesn't matter which card I get. Its just the act of receiving a birthday card that matters. However I will stress over which is the "best" card, even though there is no wrong or right answer. What eventually happens is I get so stressed over choosing the right card I will just leave the shop without buying anything. I have indecision with a lot of things but it's definitely worse with decisions that have no consequences. It's almost as if my brain has to find the most logical correct solution and if there is no clear distinction between the options it just freezes. 

Parents
  • I used to be indecisive but now I just can't make up my mind...

I think through things endlessly, whether I should have something or not, or whether something is right or wrong. I will go home not buying something, go back next day and find it gone.  And that is just a packet of crisps!

A lot of time is spent wondering whether I really need it or not.  And often the conclusion is I don't.

• I have become an expert at overanalysing things and can not even decide whether to drink tea coffee or water when asked.

I don't feel I deserve fancy coffee and I do enjoy tap water, so why the expense of a fancy coffee that is making someone money or takes more trouble??

But then I am not aware of thirst so why anything, but not wanting to be antisocial or odd so................ and so it goes on

• I have become an expert at overanalysing things and can not even decide whether to drink tea coffee or water when asked.

I don't feel I deserve fancy coffee and I do enjoy tap water, so why the expense of a fancy coffee that is making someone money or takes more trouble??

But then I am not aware of thirst so why anything, but not wanting to be antisocial or odd so................ and so it goes on

Children