Money- As A Social 'Essential' Not Mentioned.

Greetings, anyone. This another of those Things which, if I ever gained access to 'Social Media/Forums', I have wanted to ask to "The Public". Responses, Support, Counters, Serious or Light... I do not mind.

This is in two Parts:

Part 1 - Partaking of 'Society' nowadays, totally disregards Money. For example: We are all, Young and Old, forced to 'Do things Online'. But what is never mentioned is that to be 'Online' requires a Device and a Subscription. These things cost a LOT of money... but this is glossed over as "Just a Click Away!" and similar. Purchases, Devices, Accounts, Subscriptions, Apps... such Prerequisites are NEVER mentioned. Adverts may sell one or two of those mentioned things, but never the fact that they (the PRICE Of) are needed Altogether.

Part 2 - This second is a simple observation. How much is it TRUE that Those who work within the "National Infrastructure" - Essential Services - (Such as Doctor, Nurse, Police, Fire Rescue, CareWork, etc.) ... are paid Wayyy less, than Non-Essential Things, (Such as Politicians, Footballers, Actors, etc.)...?

(To simplify all of this, another example...: Who, why and what, would anyone take if forced to be stranded upon a very faraway Desert Island? A Mobile Phone and a Footballer, with no connections... Or a Toolkit and a Nurse, also with no connections...)

Thanks for Reading. I may not be able to Post so much lately, but I am still who I am, and I intend to stay seeking what - and whom - I seek.

:-)

Parents
  • ...I am taking the chance which I currently have, to Thank everyone for replies so far. In general, it seems that I was correct. But the "Desert Island" thing could have started a Thread all of its own...(!)

My other reason for Posting was, Sorry, to complain, about a long-term thing, which is, that currently (actually since the Mid 1990s), having Money and/or going Online, is an enforced thing... Socially. Those who are Rich/Online, seem to have no concept of a World that is NOT. (A World where the Things that keep them Rich and Online comes from!) ...Bad, very bad. And We who are not Rich/Online (this includes myself, even though I am able to Post this just now!) are seen as "Well, why can't you just go out and do that?", with no concept of aquisition and prerequisites at all...

For examples: I worry about "Food" or "Doctor's appointments" or "Taxes"... The gathered consensus is that: "There is no reason why people should not do these things Online."

The thing is, reasons against it are not presented.... all these people who either lack Money or cannot go Online, are treated as if --- "If You are not Online, then Where are You? Please give us a Tweet to let us know!"

I am writing this at a Quarter-to-Four in the Morning, and so am feeling a trifle doo-lally, and so I might best stop here, but am glad to have posted anything logical at all. Thanks again, those who replied. (Certain persons who did not - Best Wishes from myself that You are all okay!)

• ...I am taking the chance which I currently have, to Thank everyone for replies so far. In general, it seems that I was correct. But the "Desert Island" thing could have started a Thread all of its own...(!)

My other reason for Posting was, Sorry, to complain, about a long-term thing, which is, that currently (actually since the Mid 1990s), having Money and/or going Online, is an enforced thing... Socially. Those who are Rich/Online, seem to have no concept of a World that is NOT. (A World where the Things that keep them Rich and Online comes from!) ...Bad, very bad. And We who are not Rich/Online (this includes myself, even though I am able to Post this just now!) are seen as "Well, why can't you just go out and do that?", with no concept of aquisition and prerequisites at all...

For examples: I worry about "Food" or "Doctor's appointments" or "Taxes"... The gathered consensus is that: "There is no reason why people should not do these things Online."

The thing is, reasons against it are not presented.... all these people who either lack Money or cannot go Online, are treated as if --- "If You are not Online, then Where are You? Please give us a Tweet to let us know!"

I am writing this at a Quarter-to-Four in the Morning, and so am feeling a trifle doo-lally, and so I might best stop here, but am glad to have posted anything logical at all. Thanks again, those who replied. (Certain persons who did not - Best Wishes from myself that You are all okay!)

Children