Light-hearted trivia but do you relate? Sneezing.....

Anyone else get mildly irritated when people say "Bless you!" after you sneeze?

For me, it's "Great! Not only was I interrupted by having to sneeze, now you've added the obligation to say 'Thank you' to my troubles!". Also, can we drop the ritualised superstition given that the year starts with a 20?

Parents
  • ...Greetings. I know that this is said to be "Light-hearted trivia", but here is a partly serious Posty from Me...

I do so hate it when my so-called Brother Sneezes --- his coughs are like Gunshots and his sneezes are as loud as Cannon Fire... they always wake me up from trying to sleep.

Here, now. When someone Sneezes upon Public Transport and I hear/see someone else say "Bless You!", then the general feeling is as if that second person is "weird" or "old fashioned" or "cute"... especially if when the first sneezes over and over and each time there is the Blessing and the Thanks... three times, five times, ten times... I think that to escape this, just one of the Party simply leaves that area...!

Lastly, I wanted to try some advice about what I call a "Sneezing Fit": This is when one feels a certain pain/squeeze/tingle in the nose, and should come to know by then that this is going to trigger a 'Sneezing Fit'... Sneezing at least 8 times in a row, non-stop...? Learn to recognise the pain/squeeze/tingle, and then do NOT breathe through the NOSE until that feeling disappears.

This technique more often works than not working. But as I said, this is Me, taking a non-serious Thread a trifle seriously...? Good Luck, anyone in anycase...!
    :-)

• ...Greetings. I know that this is said to be "Light-hearted trivia", but here is a partly serious Posty from Me...

I do so hate it when my so-called Brother Sneezes --- his coughs are like Gunshots and his sneezes are as loud as Cannon Fire... they always wake me up from trying to sleep.

Here, now. When someone Sneezes upon Public Transport and I hear/see someone else say "Bless You!", then the general feeling is as if that second person is "weird" or "old fashioned" or "cute"... especially if when the first sneezes over and over and each time there is the Blessing and the Thanks... three times, five times, ten times... I think that to escape this, just one of the Party simply leaves that area...!

Lastly, I wanted to try some advice about what I call a "Sneezing Fit": This is when one feels a certain pain/squeeze/tingle in the nose, and should come to know by then that this is going to trigger a 'Sneezing Fit'... Sneezing at least 8 times in a row, non-stop...? Learn to recognise the pain/squeeze/tingle, and then do NOT breathe through the NOSE until that feeling disappears.

This technique more often works than not working. But as I said, this is Me, taking a non-serious Thread a trifle seriously...? Good Luck, anyone in anycase...!
    :-)

Children
No Data