Job interviews, should I mention my Asperger's?

Hi, I have a job interview next week, and I don't know whether to mention that I have Aspergers or not, would you? it's not something I like to mention but I feel I should mention it because I don't want any misunderstandings between myself and the staff,  as with my last job, which I recently got sacked from because of my  "erratic " behavior and " attitude". I never told them about my Asperger's when I started working there.

Parents
  • Is the disclosure relevant to the interview process? For example, I disclosed before the interview for my current job as I wanted to see the questions in advance of the interview as I struggle with my ability to process my answers in those kinds of environments so it was relevant. 

If you don't require any extra support before or during the interview I'd wait and tell them afterwards if you need reasonable adjustments in the job, such as the support of a mentor to help manage your behaviour. 

For people who aren't disabled disclosing in the actual interview when it isn't relevant to that moment can seem like oversharing.

• Is the disclosure relevant to the interview process? For example, I disclosed before the interview for my current job as I wanted to see the questions in advance of the interview as I struggle with my ability to process my answers in those kinds of environments so it was relevant. 

If you don't require any extra support before or during the interview I'd wait and tell them afterwards if you need reasonable adjustments in the job, such as the support of a mentor to help manage your behaviour. 

For people who aren't disabled disclosing in the actual interview when it isn't relevant to that moment can seem like oversharing.

Children