Anyone else having issues with the website?

I often can't reply on the forums unless I press ctrl+f5 to reload the page - otherwise it sits doing nothing when I submit. Also, I am asked to sign in, unless I am in the forums then it shows me signed in!
Speed is chronically slow.

Click on my account link and get a page saying to press a different link instead.

It's very messy. It's getting to the stage now whereby it's almost unusable. As a software developer I find this really annoying.

Parents
  • I struggle with it sometimes.  Today, I was posting a comment and wanted to insert some quotes from the OP, but it wouldn't work properly.  It's also sometimes very slow posting.  I tend to end up copying what I've written, coming out of the thread, then going back in and pasting - and it seems then to post alright.  One really annoying thing that kept happening is that I'd forget to sign in and would be writing a post or comment, then go to post it - only to get the 'Sign In' screen up, with everything I'd written lost.  So, what I tend to do now - even if I am signed in - is to write whatever it is in Word first, then copy and paste.  Either that or make sure I take a copy of what I've written so that I can paste it again, rather than rewrite it, if for some reason it doesn't appear.

It is very slow at times, yes.  Very slow.

• I usually write a reply then realise I've not logged in. I just hit the log in button on the reply box and my post appears when log in happens.

Everything is very slow but it does work. Apart from posting pictures. I can't post pictures at all!

• We're aware that sign-ins are slow. As Robert123 mentions, we've been working on it, but it's still not good enough. I would recommend signing in before posting, and seeing whether posting is more satisfactory that way.

For images, try resizing down to something like the size you actually want them to appear. Lots of large images, posted by various users in one thread, could make the thread incredibly slow to load for everyone else. There are sites you can use to resize if you don't have an image editor.

Hope this helps.

• We're aware that sign-ins are slow. As Robert123 mentions, we've been working on it, but it's still not good enough. I would recommend signing in before posting, and seeing whether posting is more satisfactory that way.

For images, try resizing down to something like the size you actually want them to appear. Lots of large images, posted by various users in one thread, could make the thread incredibly slow to load for everyone else. There are sites you can use to resize if you don't have an image editor.

Hope this helps.

Children