What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

Parents
  • Well I did have a big vampire craze once, though did find with Anne Rice, once you got past the flowery descriptions, that her characters do, well, suck. And her later ones got pretty indulgent I thought.

I did finish the latest one in the Asher series, by Barbara Hambly, Prisoner of Midnight. The ending of this last one was, well, interesting. 

• I kind of had a vampire phase by proxy in reverse! I suffered the effects of my eldest daughter's obsession with Twilight when she was 12/13! She had her hair cut and styled like Alice Cullen and posters of Edward all over her walls!!! She owns lot of teenage Vampire books too, I've read quite a few of them! 

What was the interesting ending of Prisoner of midnight or is that off limits for the forum?

• Should I spoil?

Weeeelll........

The heroine's vampire friend Fon Simon Ysidro, has been kidnapped and poisoned by an enemy who wants to harness his powers, except, conveniently, Ysidro's poisoning and illness have stripped him of the compulsion to kill. So now he and Dr Asher can be friends with no guilt on the part of the latter.

• Thank you for the spoiler :-)

Aw a 'happy ever after' vampire story, that is highly unusual!

Reply Children
No Data