What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

Parents
  • Well I did have a big vampire craze once, though did find with Anne Rice, once you got past the flowery descriptions, that her characters do, well, suck. And her later ones got pretty indulgent I thought.

I did finish the latest one in the Asher series, by Barbara Hambly, Prisoner of Midnight. The ending of this last one was, well, interesting. 

• Well I did have a big vampire craze once, though did find with Anne Rice, once you got past the flowery descriptions, that her characters do, well, suck. And her later ones got pretty indulgent I thought.

I did finish the latest one in the Asher series, by Barbara Hambly, Prisoner of Midnight. The ending of this last one was, well, interesting. 

Children
  • I kind of had a vampire phase by proxy in reverse! I suffered the effects of my eldest daughter's obsession with Twilight when she was 12/13! She had her hair cut and styled like Alice Cullen and posters of Edward all over her walls!!! She owns lot of teenage Vampire books too, I've read quite a few of them! 

What was the interesting ending of Prisoner of midnight or is that off limits for the forum?