What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

Parents
  • Now reading

A Deed Without A Name: Unearthing The Legacy of Traditional Witchcraft

From which I draw this account from a modern witch on her awakening to witchcraft.  Remind you of anything?

"My fetch-mate shows me visions and awakens my passions, he fills me with fire and asks for my fidelity. As a child I would hear voices, see ghosts and share premonitions of things to come, and learnt quickly to keep such things secret after being chastised, shamed and shunned by my elders. An ‘odd’ child, I was often to be found at the bottom of the garden; gathering flowers for both fairy folk and Familiar, performing elaborate and sombre burials for fallen feathered friends then exhuming said dead to fiddle with their bones, making ritualistic dances for the walnut tree and leaving offerings for the vegetable patch. My earliest memories of being in my body are of rocking, side to side whilst seated. And I still find said ‘rocking’ to be the quickest way to other places, to induce trance, to open my other eyes and to make things happen."

• I'm sure, sadly, that in the past many children and adults that would now be diagnosed as autistic, were instead labelled as witches! Do you read a lot of books about witchcraft?

Reply Children