Need advice on creating a Soft Bedroom

Hello

I am a Family Support worker. I am working with a young autistic boy as respite. I have decided to help the family create a safe room for him as he hurts himself on walls when distressed. We have raised some money on gofundme and that is continuing link below may help understand what we are trying to do. Has anyone got any advice on how to create a safe/soft bed for him on a budget? He can only fit a single bed and possible some how create an enclosed small space for him any advice would be welcome. 

[Link removed by Moderator]

Parents
  • Hi NAS50640,

Just wanted to let you know that I have had to remove the gofundme link as the page it links to contains personal details (please see rule 2 of the Community Rules).  

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Kerri-Mod

• Hi NAS50640,

Just wanted to let you know that I have had to remove the gofundme link as the page it links to contains personal details (please see rule 2 of the Community Rules).  

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Kerri-Mod

Children
No Data