Sleeping worse than not sleeping.

I've shared my sleeping problems here before.

Today or should I say tonight, I woke up at 3am, totally exhausted from trying to fall asleep.  In fact I was sleeping, but I was having a nightmare that I was awake and trying to sleep 

Now it's 4am and I'm afraid to sleep.

Parents
  • That is awful. I have very vivid nightmares. When I wake up it takes a while for me to realise that what happened was just a dream. Sometimes the impact of what I dreamt lingers on - like the time I dreamt that I tried to strangle my bullying boss. It was difficult seeing her at work the next day because I felt like I had grabbed her by the neck!

Do hope you have a restful day today and sleep much better tonight.

We have had snow here in NE England this morning - any sign of it where you are?

• No snow here, yet.

Last night's nightmare was strange.  I had the theme song from the 70s romantic comedy series, ''No, honestly " going through my head and I was trying to find the DVD.  I was certain that I had the whole series dvd.  Only after I woke up and maybe twenty minutes later I realised that I've never owned that dvd.

• That is a very unusual nightmare indeed! Thank you for reminding me about "No, honestly" it prompted me to play this youtube video - just look at the dancers- oh what strange times we have lived through! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1HHWwEv681I Hope you have a much better night's sleep tonight. 

• No wonder you dislike being photographed that childhood experience must have been very distressing. I hated posing for photographs as a child - it seemed so fake. On one occasion I was wearing a brand new pale yellow jumper. My mother made me pose for a photo up against a wooden fence. The jumper got lichen all over it and was ruined which really upset me. I look back at photos of myself now and realise how few (if any) show the real me. Perhaps just one, taken as a teenager, of me doing some art work, sitting on the floor wearing an old shirt. 

• No wonder you dislike being photographed that childhood experience must have been very distressing. I hated posing for photographs as a child - it seemed so fake. On one occasion I was wearing a brand new pale yellow jumper. My mother made me pose for a photo up against a wooden fence. The jumper got lichen all over it and was ruined which really upset me. I look back at photos of myself now and realise how few (if any) show the real me. Perhaps just one, taken as a teenager, of me doing some art work, sitting on the floor wearing an old shirt. 

Children
No Data