An inadvertent goth

So I have been researching about Goths for an idea.  However, the more I researched the more I found that my tastes clothing, music, interests etc overlapped.

So I have ASD and I am Goth. Apparently.

Anyone else found an overlap.  I quite like the idea of being Goth. Despite my age. 

Parents
  • I think some of the aspects of being a goth probably suit people on the spectrum quite well.

I personally hate all the different groups and fashions that there are. I just think people should be able to dress as they please, listen to what it is they like etc.

I know some people like being part of these "groups" and that is great. I just found it so hard at school with all the different groups that I didn't fit into. Clothes are a big sensory issue for me and they've never fit into what is fashionable or acceptable even in other groups like goths. I see it now with children I work with and think why, why do we feel we have to confirm this way.

Sorry to get so negative on your post. It is just something I feel strongly about. Nothing against goths are people that want to dress that way. 

• I think some of the aspects of being a goth probably suit people on the spectrum quite well.

I personally hate all the different groups and fashions that there are. I just think people should be able to dress as they please, listen to what it is they like etc.

I know some people like being part of these "groups" and that is great. I just found it so hard at school with all the different groups that I didn't fit into. Clothes are a big sensory issue for me and they've never fit into what is fashionable or acceptable even in other groups like goths. I see it now with children I work with and think why, why do we feel we have to confirm this way.

Sorry to get so negative on your post. It is just something I feel strongly about. Nothing against goths are people that want to dress that way. 

Children
No Data