Vanishing Thread Syndrome!

I just wrote a reply to a thread about causing offence.  I hit the 'Reply' button... and the thread had vanished!

Not sure how that happened.

Any clues?

Parents Reply Children
  • Ooh no, Me again!...

I know even less - about HTML that is. But if one types a Reply at the same time as someone else, then when both hit Enter, this Forum seems to favour whoever pressed Enter first.

Miss Elephant-In-The-Room is correct, maybe: The OP cannot delete the Thread or indeed any Reply at all, once another Reply is given.

Replies (and the OP) can still be Edited, though, within a certain Time Limit.

(The Time limit keeps changing, or else I would state it here. Maybe WebPM may tell us...)

(Maybe...)

• I know little, but something to do with when deleting in certain circumstances the op thread if deleted also deletes all sibling replies, like a chain effect, those that are connected or linked vanish, 

doesn’t always work as often they become locked , meaning deleting isn’t an option available, but editing can still happen, so deleting words and whole sentences can be achieved in the parent thread/post,  therefore rendering all replies unconnected in substance. They seem not to be in regards to the upsetting post.