Why does everything go wrong

Finding it very stressful trying to convince my adult son, that there are "Nice/Good" people in this world. He is 37 has online friends, but no "Real" friends as he calls them. He has joined a couple of Meet up groups and not had good experiences, so chose not to go back. He is going stir crazy just being stuck home 24/7 365 days a year, only time he goes out is with me. He even admits it's not healthy for either of us for him to spend all his time with mum. 

The only things he has to do is listening to his music, read his magazines he subscripts too, talk to his online friends. He said he wants friends to meet up with, do stuff friends do. He would love a girlfriendDisappointed, in the future a wife, children but the women he meets all say he is too nice. How can you be too nice ? As a woman I would rather met a man who treats me right, than treats me wrongly Disappointed He often says mum I wish I had your confidence because I'd be a hit with people.

He has joined dating sites which have been a failure, all they do is take your money. As mum my heart is breaking because I really don't know what I can do to help him. 

Parents
  • Maybe one option would be for him to meet with a group of people who share one of his special interests, whatever they might be. Then it would hopefully be easier for him to join in conversations and share information, which could lead to friendships in the "real" world. Are there any such groups in your area? (Sorry if I'm stating the obvious and you've already tried it.) It could even lead to romance, I initially bonded with the man who became my husband over shared interests in walking and nature.

• Thanks for your reply, he does have an interest in trains but that's mostly males. He used to love walking but was diagnosed with MS a few years, so as you can imagine he feels crap and waiting for number 3 Disappointed

Reply Children
No Data