Accepting ones inabilities!

Ok decided to put this under miscellaneous and chat as there are more serious things than what I have to say here.

Now I am able to accept I can’t do a lot of things, for instance I cannot keep more than three numbers in my head at once, that’s ok I just don’t get involved and if I do I have a pen and paper and a calculator handy.

What upsets me is people who without thinking cause me so much hurt.

If for instance if I ask a question that I am unable to find an answer too, why oh why must they say “ oh really! That’s so simple everyone can do that!”

And so straight away I feel inadequate, stupid, wishing I hadn’t said a word.

This stems back to early school days, I soon realised that asking more than once how to do something was an excuse for the teacher or child to raise their voice, then talk to me as if I were stupid, often laughing that I couldn’t understand such a very simple thing.

This happens all to often in social interaction. I never quite know what to say or how to respond to things people say.

If it’s work related or something specific like science or mechanics then fine I can go in and in forever,

This all stems from earlier today, I was researching something I had read in here, I thought it would be useful to post it up for everyone to see.

It might give others an insight as to how the therapy and those who carry it out manage it.

No matter what I tried I just couldn’t get it to appear on my reply. I tried searching YouTube for an answer, yes loads of how to but none specific for this format?

After a very long time I gave up, I cried a little as it seemed such a simple thing and yet I couldn’t find the answer.

I only found out how to put links up to YouTube videos after asking my daughter, I had no idea how to copy and paste until I eventually found advice on YouTube, it wasn’t easy,,, every video assumed the basics were known and skipped that to show how to move things around to different environments... I hadn’t got a clue, 

I opened up a reply box in here, I started typing, but I couldn’t then copy anything, this is also true when I try to reply to a previous reply, once in the reply box I cannot then copy anything. 

Anyway was feeling rather useless, rant over, all good, 

feel free to post advice, I may not get it first time round, but I won’t ask if I don’t.

take care everyone, your all amazing people. ()

Parents Reply Children
No Data