Youtube & Video Editing

One of my biggest skills is Video Editing, I Self Taught Video Editing around 2008/2009 and I share a lot of my work/content on my Youtube Channel.

Anyone else a Youtuber/Have a Youtube Channel? My Channel is called DRWHOSWIFEFOREVER (it features a lot of Doctor Who content if any Whovians reading)

I spend at least 6/7 hours a day editing cos it's something I'm good with and I enjoy doing. I was inspired by a group of people on Youtube whom I started watched back in 2007, to start Video Editing/Creating Videos and I became friends with those people in 2013, my confidence with social skills has improved ever since I met them and became friends with them cos they mean a great deal to me and my skills with editing. I've just started studying Film & TV Production at Uni [2 Months in and I'm already having issues with attending lectures & group work unfortunately] but I always mention the Youtubers who inspired me to look into Film & TV Production/Editing (I'm also a massive TV & Film Fanatic) :) 

If you have a Youtube Channel, I'd love to see your content, especially Edited Content [FanVids/Trailer Edits etc.] :) 

• I started a YouTube channel called Autistic Not Alien last November: https://www.youtube.com/@AutisticNotAlien

I use Camtasia for editing. It’s pretty basic, which suits me right now, though I would love to make more complicated and impressive films. The autism videos are basically me talking to camera, with a few clips spliced in.

• Probably not, seeing as this thread is from over 5 years ago. 

• Are u open for collaborations?

• Wow, it looks like we have similar interests! I also browse YouTube videos and channels a lot and follow a lot of YouTubers with great content creation. Currently, I am also learning to edit videos, and I am using movavi video editor, but it seems a bit difficult for newbies. So I've been using AmoyShare video editor lately, which is very friendly for a newbie like me! By the way, I also found a youtube downloader on their website, and I often download videos first, then edit videos with no effort.

• Have a good day, KazOsgood4! Thank you for sharing your story about creating your own youtube channel. Right now, I'm just thinking of starting the youtube channel with a historical documentary thematic. I started editing the videos two years ago for my friends. Right now, I am working with a couple of youtube channels and earning some good money. I use the Premiere Pro video software for this moment and this site loader.to download the music samples from youtube videos in MP3/MP4 format.

• I do the exact same thing. Made a successful star wars channel with my obsession/ self taught video editor. 

Atatchat

• i think you are new so welcome to this forum

Slight smile

feel free to join in any of he discussions and/or create one of your own

• Thanks for the advice. I would also like to recommend to you a video editor that I have been using over the past few months, and which I really like because of the fact that it is easy to use, but at the same time quite functional. This is a photo editor from Movavi that I learned about at https://www.movavi.com/ This video editor makes it quite easy for me, as a beginner, to create high-quality videos for my YouTube channel. I love their creative filters that I can use to set the right mood for my material and my video blog.
  • I started editing when I was in Year 9 at secondary school and since then did Media Studies throughout College and University (all of which I was using Premiere Pro) - I really wanted to become an editor when it came to graduating (as I love spotting mistakes in films and tv shows, i also think I have a good eye for detail) but sadly that never came to be. Since I started my new job as a videographer at an organisation I have been using Final Cut Pro which I find to be just as easy to use as PP.

I wish you the best with your YouTube channel (as I’m a huge Doctor Who fan too) - I’ll check it out when I’m next on YT.

P.s. Matt Smith is my favourite Doctor! Grin

• I use Premiere but before I had access to it I would use OpenShot. Then you can also get old versions of Sony Vegas Pro for free; it has outdated interface but all the tools you need to make a good quality video.

To summarise:

OpenShot - Completely open-source and FREE. By far the best editior if you don't want to pay a penny. 100% reccomend above all else!

Sony Vegas - Old versions are free. They lack modern interface but all the tools you need are right there. Reccomend trying it out if you don't mind that.

Filmora - I only used briefly but I remember it being feature-rich and modern. It's pretty common among content creators.

There is a learning curve for all three of these of course, which just takes practice to conquer. Most tutorials out there are aimed at the two big ones, Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro but OpenShot still has lots of coverage.

• At the moment, it is very difficult to create quality content without using expensive video editing and video creation software. What video editors do you use most of all?

• I was unsure at first. My very first videos I ended up deleting or privatising, and whenever I received negative comments, I started to make & upload videos less. But cos I was inspired by a group of people on Youtube to start a channel and edit; and once I became friends with all of them, I became a whole lot confident with my channel even if I get a few mistakes, issues or negative comments, I remember why I started it :) 

• I have toyed with the idea of having a channel.  But I am very unsure.