Funny word stuff

I love malapropisms: similar-sounding but incorrect words, which sometimes have a humorous effect.

Here are a couple of recent ones:

• Viking Worrier Statue (Viking Warrior Statue) for sale on eBay 
  • Emotion Paint (Emulsion Paint) for sale on Marketplace 

Have you seen any funny word stuff? If so, do share!

Parents
  • Wonderful idea, Sunflower; I love all forms of word play, especially the unintended ones. My favourite are "crash blossoms", where signs and news headlines shorten things in strangely ambiguous ways that conjure up surreal images. For example (taken from this webpage)...

• Prostitutes appeal to pope
    • Kids make nutritious snacks
    • Miners refuse to work after death
    • Drunk gets nine months in violin case
    • Astronaut takes blame for gas in space capsule
    • Lack of brains hinders research

Your Shakespeare parody is amazing! In my book, there is no such thing as a bad pun - the worse, the funnier, I usually find!

• I absolutely love those Trogluddite. I think this is my favourite thread. I wonder if a lot of the examples on here are so funny because they conjure up funny pictures. Visual thinking playing a part? 

Why are they called crash blossoms i wonder

• "Crash Blossoms" comes from the headline "Violinist linked to JAL crash blossoms". The journalist writing about it realised that the phenomenon didn't have a name, and thought that "crash blossoms" seemed quite fitting.

Some of the other kinds of word errors got their names in a similar way. For example, misheard song lyrics are known as "Mondegreens" after someone who misheard "Laid him on the green" as "Lady Mondegreen". And other misheard words are known as "egg-corns" if they're poetically apt; a mishearing of "acorns", which, like an egg, something grows from.

• "Crash Blossoms" comes from the headline "Violinist linked to JAL crash blossoms". The journalist writing about it realised that the phenomenon didn't have a name, and thought that "crash blossoms" seemed quite fitting.

Some of the other kinds of word errors got their names in a similar way. For example, misheard song lyrics are known as "Mondegreens" after someone who misheard "Laid him on the green" as "Lady Mondegreen". And other misheard words are known as "egg-corns" if they're poetically apt; a mishearing of "acorns", which, like an egg, something grows from.

Children
No Data