Funny word stuff

I love malapropisms: similar-sounding but incorrect words, which sometimes have a humorous effect.

Here are a couple of recent ones:

• Viking Worrier Statue (Viking Warrior Statue) for sale on eBay 
  • Emotion Paint (Emulsion Paint) for sale on Marketplace 

Have you seen any funny word stuff? If so, do share!

Parents
  • I remember being told by my father that if I told fibs I would get a black mark on my soul.

Just as I was getting into bed, I looked at the bottom of my feet and was relieved to see that there was no black marks there .... phew!

And misheard song lyrics.  In the song 'Build me up Buttercup' there is a line which I thought went:  "I'll bring my xylophone waiting for you"

And the Gareth Gates song which he said he was 'Gonna deep-fry now'.  And I still swear that is what he says!

Barry Manilow once sang of the 'Co-op Banana' for some reason which I could not think why.

• It's so interesting how we mishear sing lyrics - and once you get that other version in your head it's hard to let go of! I was listening to Tracy Chapman's Telling Stories earlier - I was convinced she sang "there's friction between me and the world" but when I looked at the lyrics of course it was fiction! 

• It's so interesting how we mishear sing lyrics - and once you get that other version in your head it's hard to let go of! I was listening to Tracy Chapman's Telling Stories earlier - I was convinced she sang "there's friction between me and the world" but when I looked at the lyrics of course it was fiction! 

Children
No Data