What's on your bookshelf?

Looking at other people's bookshelves is fascinating!

Do share a favourite book, or a book you would like to read one day. 

Parents
  • I recommended Slapstick by Kurt Vonnegut to someone recently but he was unimpressed. The book didn't contain what he required from a science fiction book. That book would probably be my Desert Island Discs choice. I laughed, I cried and when I reached the last page I knew it was a book for keeping and rereading. The subtitle is Lonesome No More and the main character becomes president by promising an end to loneliness! ClimbTheStacks on Youtube says that her favourite Vonnegut book is Bluebeard so I may read that one next. It's about the abstract expressionist painters in america which is a subject that interests me. I would like to conclude by saying that Kurt Vonnegut is a top notch writer. Thank you.

• Thank you for the recommendation - Slapstick sounds like a book I would enjoy even though I don't usually read science fiction. I used to go to a book club once which was good as it made me read books outside my comfort zone - it is easy to get into the habit of only reading certain authors and types of books. 

• Thank you for the recommendation - Slapstick sounds like a book I would enjoy even though I don't usually read science fiction. I used to go to a book club once which was good as it made me read books outside my comfort zone - it is easy to get into the habit of only reading certain authors and types of books. 

Children
No Data