Birthday parties

Birthday parties seem to be repeatedly in the news.  Some autistic child is upset because either he/she is  not invited or school kids don't go to their party.

What are our experiences of birthday parties?

Well....  I've never had a birthday party in my honour!  I just don't see the point. As a child I received a few birthday cards and presents  from my immediate family and that's about it.

I've only attended a couple of small parties .  And that was the girl next door, called Zinta.   And I was under ten years old.

To me it's a mystery why people have these massive parties and everything that goes with it.  A   B l o o d y   mystery?

Parents
  • I've never understood either, although I had birthday parties when I was in primary school.

To be honest I think people like birthday parties because they get presents, i.e. it's a selfish thing.

The other day I was invited to a two year old birthday party. Completely over the top with a list on the internet with presents to buy (!) and 30 people coming. Needless to say I didn't go. Come on, these parents have enough money and put their kids in the crappiest diapers around and they themselves bought a cheapo gift for their own kid.

It was better for me not to go as at one point I would have made a comment that would have been honest but not nice...

• I've never understood either, although I had birthday parties when I was in primary school.

To be honest I think people like birthday parties because they get presents, i.e. it's a selfish thing.

The other day I was invited to a two year old birthday party. Completely over the top with a list on the internet with presents to buy (!) and 30 people coming. Needless to say I didn't go. Come on, these parents have enough money and put their kids in the crappiest diapers around and they themselves bought a cheapo gift for their own kid.

It was better for me not to go as at one point I would have made a comment that would have been honest but not nice...

Children
No Data