Never Google your name

Disappointed Apparently Yttrium is considered mildly toxic to humans.  Disappointed

• There is a man who lives close to where I am with identical name, he also uses the same doctors surgery, he is about my age and whenever I go to the surgery or ring up they invariably say “ oh which one are you “ yes they do have to check date of birth but I think when they type my name into the computer it comes up with two that match very closely and surprises them.

Many years ago when the internet was first becoming common place, I joined various forums unrelated to autism I might add, it amazed me just how many times I had to try adding characters to my full name in order to get it accepted, “ this user name is already in use” .

That was then, I was naive using my actual full name, I wouldn’t do such a thing now, on FB I slightly changed my date of birth, and various other little adjustments, 

Years ago a comedian called Dave Gorman set himself a challenge to find people with his full name, again not so easy back then, 

He travelled far and wide to meet each one he found, it was ok to watch him researching it all, 

• I've googled my real name and found out i'm a professional bridge player in america. More confusing is the guy with the identical name to me who live a couple of miles away and is in the same local mountain bike group as me. We confuse the hell out of each other and everyone else :)

• Ok so picture didn’t load so screen captured both images above, they loaded, the orange box was what appeared when reply failed to load.

All images are screen captured, 

• Yes you can see it, strange system on NAS, I try to post pictures, invariably they don’t load? File size issue I think but the orange fail box says file extension.

I did try to post a screen captured image,, it failed, so I screen captured my typed unsent  reply, it loaded? 

Screen shot of a screen shot complete with reply now and maybe a bigger file size?

No idea why?

It is so random on here, I have posted my aspie quiz score many times by screen captured image, but it sometimes won’t load?

btw whilst in PM any picture any size can be loaded no problem ever.

• I've firmly come to believe that a certain level of paranoia is actually quite healthy.  The internet - and especially social media sites - is a veritable treasure trove for the security services, and others with deeply sinister intentions.

• I'm not surprised you're paranoid after that Joy. I'm now wondering about the letter I wrote to the council 30 odd years ago about the travellers' camp that had sprouted on my way to work which forced me to take a 2 mile detour on my bike because of the vicious dogs running loose .......I was only young, in my first job, and more concerned about having to cycle further to work than the fact the travellers had no permanent site to call home ...............ah well, as you say, best not to Google my nameFlushed

• Never Google your real name, either.  I did mine... and was shocked to discover, amongst other things, a letter I'd written to New Internationalist magazine way back in 1994, long before we even had the internet as we know it.  It was on the subject of meat-eating and animal rights.

How on earth did that get on there?

Maybe because it was on a 'controversial' subject?  Maybe because it came to someone's attention? 

Paranoia strikes deep...

• that showed up , i am able to see it (the screenshot )

• Picture wouldn’t load so screen captured my reply and hey presto. Here it is?

• I am literally named after a body of water (chosen name) lol :) 

• Not much thought but it fits.. remember trunk up where you can...even if it needs a splint 

• You put a lot more thought into choosing your name than I did.

• Thank you ElephantInTheRoom.  Slight smile

I collected toy elephants when I was a child. Now I know where to position them around the house for maximum chi energy.  Slight smile

• You are all very probably aware of my Elephantine Idiom:

The expression “elephant in the room”, sometimes also “elephant in the living room”, means “a big issue everyone is aware of, but which is being ignored, because everybody finds discussion about it uncomfortable”. The rationale behind the idiom is that an elephant in the room would be impossible to overlook, but people in the room can nevertheless choose to behave as if the elephant was non-existent."

Alternatively, from the webpage

"How to Place an Elephant in Feng Shui Applications"

An elephant is an auspicious symbol if you know how to place it in your home. The location is determined by what you want to activate in your life. Each area of your home governs certain aspects of your life, so when you place the symbol of the elephant in a room, it will serve to energize the chi energy associated with that area of your life.

I have now duly blessed your thread with Chi... :)

http://luckypath-fengshui.com/elephants-and-feng-shui-nine-ways-to-use-elephants-for-good-luck/

Remember: keep pointing your trunk upwards!

• Thanks for the positive reply to my daft comment Lonewarrior. I was toying with the idea of changing my name to something healthy like Broccoli but perhaps I'll stick with Yttrium for now.  Slight smile

• Ah but most things we eat are “ mildly “ toxic to us.

It doesn’t stop us enjoying them.

I am sure you are perfectly palatable and as with all human beings each has so much to offer, 

In the context of here reading your words and me  responding I feel no adverse effects what so ever!

Your all good Yttrium I have not broken out in a rash.

Stay well, and take care.