Outside

I shall be leaving the house tomorrow. Oh dear. Just thinking about it makes 

Parents
  • Hello Trogluddite. I hope you're okay. I am told that doing something repeatedly makes it easier. I have been leaving the house for 57 years now and it is still horrific. Nearly 5am and I've not slept at all. If someone in a shop is friendly, asks me how I am or whatever I can't go back to that shop again. I'm hoping it will be raining so there won't be people hanging around in the street wanting to make eye contact. Thank you for replying to my half finished sentence. I do appreciate it. I hope you have a relaxing uncomplicated day tomorrow. Yttrium.

• I am told that doing something repeatedly makes it easier. I have been leaving the house for 57 years now and it is still horrific.

Too true, and there are so many aspects of autism that it applies to. I get so fed up with people advising me that I "just need to do X more"; as if at my age, I'd never tried that, had the melt-downs and the burn-outs, and realised that "practice" can only ever get me so far.

• I am told that doing something repeatedly makes it easier. I have been leaving the house for 57 years now and it is still horrific.

Too true, and there are so many aspects of autism that it applies to. I get so fed up with people advising me that I "just need to do X more"; as if at my age, I'd never tried that, had the melt-downs and the burn-outs, and realised that "practice" can only ever get me so far.

Children
No Data