NAS Forum - Brand update and maintenance.

Brand update and maintenance, 26 September - more details

..."more Details" links to information saying:

Brand and site maintenance - 26 September 2018
Owing to planned maintenance, this site will be unavailable overnight on 26 September, including the early hours of 27 September. We are doing two pieces of work:

Refreshing the design to reflect the National Autistic Society's new brand.
Updating the software to a new version. The main benefit to this should be improvements to the listing of messages in threads, and the flagging of new messages. We want to implement this in order to help with problems that users have reported

...The words "new brand" link to a (small) Page, here:
www.autism.org.uk/.../2018-09-13-changing.aspx

... いま, From myself: I begin this Thread because that is one of the things which I myself used to be most useful for, upon this Forum... But Now things are different and so I Post less (!). Also, However, not everyone notices the Main NAS message, and, also, WebPM says that "As ever, your feedback after the update is welcome." upon the following Thread:

community.autism.org.uk/.../82297

...Lastly from me, this next Link is actually the latest Thread for Posting "Strange" Things... but not many people remembered it...

community.autism.org.uk/.../

...That Thread contains many Links to other Threads which are for specific problems (Older Errors, Notifications, Ideas, Spam, Copybots, etc.).

In closing: All in all, Thanks NAS - especially Mr.WebPM. And Good Luck to all.

Parents
  • We have made some updates today to the new look and feel. These should resolve:

• The problem that threads that you had read were marked in bold, and those not read in normal text; this has been reversed so that the marking is what you would normally expect
    • Various problems with contrast that made functions hard to access and use

Regards

• S'me again. Hmmm... Thanks Muchly for the "quick fix" -- any fix is better than none?...

Upon Profile pages, there is still white-upon-white, and for Touchscreens, nothing has changed, apart from *everything* being BoldText now. But as I said, this is better than no "fix" at all. Keep at it, Mr.WebPM, and Thanks again.

(EDIT: ...Oh Dear. There is always something, eh?

I just replied to Two Threads (one was this one). The made change is not helpful. All unread/unseen Threads are Bold, and the two to which I replied are not bold. Some I accidentally saw but did nothing to are not Bold as well. The problem of not being able to select between Tiltle and Content/ Last Repy...is still there, just reversed from Bold to Not Bold...?)

• I haven't identified white-on-white in the profiles, although we do know of one contrast issue (black on purple) there. Can you be more specific. Comments on the issue below.

On my touch-screen tablet, bold and normal works as expected (i.e. the same way as it does on desktop). Could you confirm what device you are using? Do others reading this thread see the same problem?

The way the system works is that any thread that you have viewed will be normal, and threads you have not (since the last message was posted) will be bold. So I think what you are describing is as expected? Regarding selecting between content and title, do you mean the problem of not being able to zoom? That's one we're still working on.

Regarding the contrast issues, we're working within a kind of design framework. So, the reason that we still have black on purple is that changing it has effects elsewhere. We're working through these things to find the best balance.

Regards

• Miss Elephant-In-The-Room Posted something else, here. In the middle of this same Thread:   https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/13381/nas-forum---brand-update-and-maintenance/86987#86987

(This link is for anyone either not finding the message+picture, or just not bothering to scroll upwards..!)

To Miss Elephant... WebPMs reply above covers this - but massive THANKS for Posting that. (I cannot recieve PMs and so would not have known about that.)

To WebPM... all that as well... Good Luck.

• As far as I can see, it's specific to smaller screens, as the layout is different on larger ones

...Thank You, I understand your missing this now (I guess)...

(The Other Topic: With regards to being able to select between Title and Last Reply, I can still do this if I Zoom-In, really really really BIG; My complaint was that it used to highlight what was being touched before activating it, and Titles were always Boldface. But I am grateful for whatever I have and so am going to pretend that that never used to happen, since there are too many other tweaks being discussed here, now.) (That reads like an insult, but it is not -- sorry! More Thanks here for what is fixed so far, is what I mean!)

A last thing I meant to suggest was if the colour scheme is Violet-based, try substituting Lilac for whatever used to be Grey or Pink/Red. (Lilac is light Violet.)   'Bye for now and Fair Play to all.

• As far as I can see, it's specific to smaller screens, as the layout is different on larger ones

...Thank You, I understand your missing this now (I guess)...

(The Other Topic: With regards to being able to select between Title and Last Reply, I can still do this if I Zoom-In, really really really BIG; My complaint was that it used to highlight what was being touched before activating it, and Titles were always Boldface. But I am grateful for whatever I have and so am going to pretend that that never used to happen, since there are too many other tweaks being discussed here, now.) (That reads like an insult, but it is not -- sorry! More Thanks here for what is fixed so far, is what I mean!)

A last thing I meant to suggest was if the colour scheme is Violet-based, try substituting Lilac for whatever used to be Grey or Pink/Red. (Lilac is light Violet.)   'Bye for now and Fair Play to all.

Children
No Data