GCSE Product Design, Ideas to help people with Autism and Aspergers

Hello All!

My name is George, and I am a year 11 product design student . I have been given a mission to help people with a disability by making a product that would help people with that disability. I have chosen autism as I actually have hfa myself but everyone is different! So if you have any product suggestions then please comment!

Thank You Very Much!

Parents
  • Hello all!

Thank you all for your replies. It means the world to have others suggestions.

I have spent a long time thinking about it and I have liased with my design tutor, and we have both come to the conclusion that the best thing for me to pursue would be a mood light with 4 functions:

An Essential Oil Mister

Colour Changing Lights

Date And Time Display With Autism Freindly Alarm

A Speaker that plays relaxing ocean sounds to aid sleep

Thank you all once again!

• What is an Autism-Friendly Alarm, and how does it differ from an ordinary alarm?

• Might a malfunctioning oil mister next to the other electronics (or an autistic user spilling the oil whilst trying to refill the device) constitute a fire risk?

I remember from my GCSE days (about 30 years ago) that mains voltages are usually forbidden / dissuaded in school projects. How did you intend to power the thing?

• Hello!

I can personally 100% guarantee that no parrafin containing substances will be used in the design. As for quality check, we personally prototype up to 25 times before the main product 

Reply Children
No Data